Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    That is something only Nimblebit knows. The amount of times it takes something to sell out varies (thus why we can't get an alert that something is sold out when the app isn't running).

I don't really think about time it takes to do something in this game. I stock it when I get an alert, I restock after I stock, and work with new floors when they are made. I just think of the total amount it can make. (thus I can never me a business man) It also varies with VIPs.

2. bprichard

bprichard Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Global Operations Manager
    Shanghai
    There is some variance about number of sales, but it's all around a mean. It could be collected by writing down time between restocks. If you do it enough times, it will give you the average. I'm half tempted to do this, but it's Friday night in China. I will ignore my infuriating tower for 8 or 9 hours of mahjong. If I'm super bored tomorrow, I may start keeping data on this. Then we can all have the answers that probably only I want.

3. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Enough mathcraft. With BitBook on there, I want Bitter and Bumbler added.

4. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #504 dbhjed, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    It is different all time time (while I am sure there is a mean), Every time you open a new shop that is is the same type it lowers overall demand for all the shops of that type.

Attached Files:

5. bprichard

Apr 11, 2011
    Shanghai
    Sure, the demand changes, but you can account for that easily. Just multiply your results by the percentage of demand. (Or just maintain a constant demand during the data collection period.)

At this point the question becomes, is it worth solving these problems? By doing so, one can arrive at the optimal gameplay style. The system is simple enough to figure out completely, more or less. It's probably a lot more fun to just do whatever, though. And I'm really hope that somewhere hidden deep in the game are some special kinds of bitizens or shops. If not, I can't imagine really sticking with it for long enough to care.

6. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

The fact is at this point, I have to restock the pub so much that it's requiring too much effort. Even with multiple dream job employees, I'm getting 375 quantity for the highest level item. Yes, it only takes 24 minutes, but I want to get to the point that I don't have to constantly be ON the game. So if I can replace it with something that pulls in stock in the thousands, I'm in a much better place. I'm going to test it overnight.

And no, you won't. For residents, you have to take them there, it won't fill up your hotels without you manually doing it.

At this point, it doesn't matter. This isn't an argument that we need to have. The whole point is that we enjoy playing the game. It might grow exponentially but it's manageable and wortwhile to still play. You may take a bit longer to expand as you go forward, when you're at level 20, you have 10 businesses pulling in 20 businesses of money, so that increases along with it. The time it takes to stock (so far I'm at under 2 hours for upwards of 3ish/k of stock) allows you to have the game going on its own, so you don't have to micromanage your microcitizens.

Also, to put it into perspective - I'm seriously rolling in money now that I'm at 19 floors and lots of businesses. Tons of coins all over the place, I'm at 40k in just over an hour. So it takes me about 2 hours to add another floor.

Anyway, it's too late and I really should be sleeping, but I just need to... finish. This. Thing. Have to add another floor. Only 14 more bux needed... must not... stay up... that long...

7. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Figuring I've played this game for the past month and never cared, I can't imagine starting now. All I know money has never really been an issue, and shop sales varies :)

8. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Question: Is there no benefit to having THREE employees with the same dream job, working at that dream job?

If one employee is working there, it seems there is no stock bonus.
    If two employees work there, stock levels multiply x2.

I just, just got one more Bitizen who had the same dream job and was expecting stock levels to triple. However, they're still at x2. A bit disappointing!

9. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #509 dbhjed, Jun 24, 2011
    It goes to level.

1 dream job level 1 gets x2, 2 dream job level 2 gets x2, 2 dream jobs level 3 x2.

Attached Files:

10. andsoitgoes

#510 andsoitgoes, Jun 24, 2011
    When you demolish, why do I see "All stock and *hearts* for this floor will be lost"

What does "hearts" mean? I don't see hearts.

Okay, so I've tested demolishing.

Doing that at a lower level doesn't benefit anything at all. All I lost was my dream job Pub guy.

All the times are the same, they increase at higher levels in the tower. so build residences first and then build businesses on top.

11. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    That is something left over from the alpha that hasn't gotten deleted.

12. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This is a misconception that, again, stemmed from the 100 floors achievement. First off, 100 floors would include the lobby, meaning 99 shops+apartments. Since there are 80 shops listed in the achievements, that would leave 19 apartments, which is not enough to complete the 100 bitizens achievement. But all of that thinking is a bunch of baloney anyways, as I've already stated there are ~80 shops and ~50 apartments. Look in the game files if you don't believe me.

13. bprichard

Apr 11, 2011
    Shanghai
    #513 bprichard, Jun 24, 2011
    Well, we don't HAVE to argue about or discuss anything. But I'm interested in having conversations about the underlying mechanics of the game (thanks, dbhjed, for indulging me). You, on the other hand, need neither read nor respond to my comments. So a simple result for everyone: if you're interested, talk about things; if you're not, ignore them. This result can probably be applied to things far beyond this message board. The more you know [shooting rainbow star]

14. andsoitgoes

what I'm getting at is that this discussion should be left to a detailed strategy thread, not in the main discussion area. General tips should be held here, as this is where newcomers will be going to discuss the game. THAT is what I meant. The math is unnecessary for that, but that's my opinion. Seeing that there are only 2 people discussing it throughout the whole thread, I think it's a valid observation.

15. andsoitgoes

Ah, thanks. Shame, as it looks like it could have added an extra depth if put on top of what currently exists.

16. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I think dream jobs filled that void. It never made it to the beta either

17. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Did EITHER of you past your English exams??? 'Hearts' is used as a metaphor for emotional attachment to the store, not an in game stat!!! OMG people these days...
    I almost laughed when I read the message in the game. It was a smart and lighthearted confirmation for the said action which also succeeded in entertaining the player. Never thought people would actually bring it up and interpret in a totally bizarre way...

18. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #518 dbhjed, Jun 24, 2011
    It used to be a part on the game.

Attached Files:

19. PootyforNicky

PootyforNicky Active Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Did you, lol?

Anyway, I love the birthday thing. I got someone last night only to wake up this morning and get a Bux for their birthday. :D

Also, how frequently does the friends list update towers? Only now does it say the correct number of floors for each person.

20. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I think it updates every 4 hours when the tower gets backup.