Ipad KRPG games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by airdan, Dec 5, 2011.

1. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    So I see a lot of good Krpgs but most are available on iphones or ipods only. An example is Zenonia. I don't see it for ipad2.

So my 2 questions:

1. Which are the best Krpgs that run on ipad2. Money is not a problem. I saw crimsonheart but now i cant find n appstore.

2. Can games like Zenonia still run on ipad2? Or they run with that little window like some apps? Is it worth it to play like that?

Thanks. I tried searching for "rpgs" and "best rpgs" but got zero results.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sadly, there aren't many KPRGs optimized for the iPad. The only competent ones I know of are Inotia 3 and Aurum Blade, which are both universal apps. Every game made for the iPhone works on the iPad. It just looks terrible since you have to play on 2x mode. Personally, I wouldn't want to play a KRPG like that. Across Age HD is another one you might look into. It's a JRPG played in the form of a KRPG and a great a game. CrimsonHeart should be back on the AppStore soon. Hope this helps.

3. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Yea I grabbed Aurum Blade. Will play it later. I am waiting for CrimsonHeart to come back as well.

I did come across Across Age but it seems to be turn-based rather than live-action. The only game I've enjoyed being turn-based is Atlantica Online so I'm not sure I will get into it (never liked the FF series *gasp*)

And the 2x is really a problem for me I agree.

Much thanks for your help.

4. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Across Age HD is actually an action-RPG and a great one at that.

5. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Oh I must be confusing it then. Thanks for the quick reply.

6. Xenosage

Xenosage Well-Known Member

#6 Xenosage, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    Exitium and Fantastic Knight (Minoraxis) are both universal and in my opinion are best in this genre for iOS devices (especially iPad). Heard some decent reviews about CrimsonHeart... will have to check this one.

Edit.
    By the way... Zenonia 4 is coming soon with HD/retina support, so at last we should get some attention.
    Additionally, there is an Elgard (Bicore) project in a way. However, I don't know if there'll be an universal version.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Can't believe I forgot these. Overlooked them when I skimmed through my library. The two Minoraxis KRPGs are definitely both great picks.