PvE MMO game with optional PvP?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Leo281993, May 11, 2017.

1. Leo281993

Leo281993 Member

Aug 1, 2013
    #1 Leo281993, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Hi everyone at TA,

I am looking for a MMO game in the same vein as clash of kings, age of war, etc... that DOES NOT force PvP on you. I dislike these games since you get a shield for 3 days and then cowardly OP players decide to crush your base and steal all your resources.

I remember I used to play a MMO game on windows phone where you had to opt in for PvP. Otherwise it was mostly PvE where there were monster mobs that you would send your army out to attack, and these damn OP players wouldn't be able to touch my base since I did not opt in for PvP.

Please tell me there is something like this for iOS? I'm not asking for a peaceful city builder. I do want the army and resource gathering aspect, without the legend27 attacking me and ruining my experience. I just want to attack AI mobs out in the world.

Edit: here's the windows phone game I mentioned above: http://www.ageofsorcery.com

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Hades' Star should do the job from what I've seen of the Beta. Unfortunately not yet available worldwide; presently soft launched in Canada.
    www.hadesstar.com

3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I'm gonna have to follow this thread in case anyone comes up with suggestions! That's exactly the reason I hate those type of games - losing all your resources all the time, it's like none of those games allow you to adequately defend - offense always beats defense even if that's the only thing you focus on upgrading. Ugh.

But one game did come to mind that might sort of be what you're interested in, which was Gods of Olympus, since it had two unique attributes I liked: no wait times for buildings and more importantly, getting attacked doesn't cause you to lose resources.