Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. #281 Hoggy110, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    So this valentine week will have the ability to become other peoples valentine in Growtopia

Challenge Accepted

Edit: Randomly going on Seediary to find out how to make pants (to help with the valentines challenge) just to see Seil being moshed by 10's of people....moving on

2. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Lmao. Yeah over 50 people nonstop asking questions. Was pretty overwhelming.

Messages rolled off the screen too fast to answer most of them. And pms were too difficult to track down haha.

3. D-Vader

D-Vader Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    i20HH just hosted a giveaway on a worlf with all sorts of rare stuff and seeds and gems. Some mods were there too. There were special events and stuff too that started. I got some pretty good stuff and I have to say that it was the most fun thing I've partcipated in on Growtopia so far.

Also, the world was super laggy. Over 90 people made my app crash.

4. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Yeah it was awesome. Seth was there, as was I. I think Play was too.

I passed up all the trees and went straight down. Got my hands on a new Art Deco Seed.

Crashed a couple times myself haha.

5. Really...just as soon as I was done looking at reddit, I read that...damn it

6. New update with Trade System is now live

7. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    I'm currently banned :( so I don't get to check the new update that came out. But, from what I've read from the official forums, it seems pretty cool.

BTW, if I am temp ban, do I lose my world locks?

8. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    Why 1 star? Bad administration, that's why. I was ban for a stupid reason, and I emailed Seth about it and he replied back for a few times. Then, he stopped replying. I had a feeling he was ignoring me because he was online on the forums, but not replying to my email. So, I sent another. Still ignored. Sent another, and it was ignored again. So, I tried to get in contact with Hamumu by emailing hin through his site yesterday. I didn't know if he was ignoring me or not. So, I PM'ed him on the forums, he didn't respond while he was online. I tried PM'ing Seth, he never read it. I tried to create a thread about it in the forums, and my thread was deleted by someone. I assume it was Seth because he was online at the time. Now, I am very frustrated with the administrators. I don't know if Seth will follow through on his saying of a 2 week ban, but if he doesn't, we can assume that the administration of this game is unreliable.

Seth, I hope you read this and realize that I am feeling a strong anger. I have spent real money on this game, and you refuse to help me through this ban.

9. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Are you the guy who got caught hacking other peoples accounts (guessing passwords...), logged in and stole other peoples stuff, admitted it, was banned for 2 weeks, then kept emailing things like "Hey, if you don't have a posted rule against hacking accounts, then you can't ban me" type stuff?

As if you're going to use the judicial system to pull an amazing OJ Simpson like return to the golf courses?

I don't think so. I'm not sure we need your type in Growtopia, I've decided to extend the ban by two weeks, and another week for each annoying email/post you send.

Feel free to leave a million 1-star reviews and contest any credit card charges.

<back to ignoring you>

10. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    I didn't guess passwords. The hacker who got onto EnvyMe's account broadcasted EnvyMe's password. At the time, I legitimately thought it was EnvyMe quitting, so I logged on because I was curious. I didn't know it was a hacker trying to get me ban. I stole no things. Check logs, I only logged onto EnvyMe's account and there was nothing dropped or stolen. I wasn't even on for more than a minute. I'm sorry if I was being annoying. I was simply frustrated.
    Also, to further prove my point that I am not the hacker, the person who actually stole the stuff from EnvyMe and Blueyz was a Korean. I am an American. (Not being racist)

I did not mean to cause harm. I was just uspet that I was ban for logging onto EnvyMe's account. I didn't know that you mistook me as the hacker who guessed his password and stole his stuff. I am not a hacker.

11. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #291 Tannorexic, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Double post

12. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #292 Tannorexic, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    Lmao. God I love everything about this game. Just keeps getting better and better.
    I love a dev with a sense of humour.
    Bringing legality into this, rofl. What is he going to get a lawyer over a $3 charge?
    He's lucky he isn't permabanned. If i were A developer i probably would have video screened myself going into his account and recycling every item in his invent and emailed him the video.

D-bag or vader or whatever your name is, you don't realise how lucky you are.

Excuses, excuses.
    If that's the truth, you should have just written that instead of insinuating legal action. The emails sound way worse than guessing passwords, hell, the emails would piss me off more than if you were actually using a hacking tool if I were a developer.
    You have a way with words, to get under people's skin. Not sure if its a skill or a deformity. But you sure are good at it.

13. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    I'd hate you as a developer if you did that.

If I knew they mistook me as the one doing all the password guessing, then I would have sent them this. I thought they were banning me just for logging into EnvyMe for a minute.

If you were ban for something that you didn't think was a fair ban, and you were being ignored, how would you handle the situation?

The first 3 emails I sent were all replied to, so I wouldn't consider those as spam. The next one was a follow-up question to the last email I was sent. I wouldn't consider that as spam either. It wasn't replied to though. So, I just sent another email with all the "legal" stuff. When I didn't reply, that's when I started to get "spammy" as you may call it. I sent about 4 more emails (1 was to Hamumu through his website, the other through the support email for the game), not too much. Can be easily deleted. I don't think this would be too angering on most people. I can see where Hamumu and Seth got mad at me though.

I am not intending anymore to spark a fight or anger. All of this IS the truth. I do not lie. Hamumu has told me that my world locks remain and that my items will be protected so I'm chill and stuff now. I'll just deal with my ban as it is.

14. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Yeah I guess you have a point. I would be devastated if I got banned, but I'd never try to log into someone else account, even in the circumstances you were in.
    But if for some reason I was banned, I would patiently wait it out and thank my lucky stars it wasnt a permaban.
    You seemed to have just added fuel to the fire, and extended your ban, which would suck.
    I do have sympathy for you, because growtopia is an addictive game, having it taken away would absolutely suck.

But again, you're lucky it's not a permaban.. Just behave and wait it out..
    When someone is ignoring you, sending more messages obviously isn't going to make them happy. You knew you were being ignored, and instead you kept poking and prodding and made the situation worse.

I still truly don't understand for the life of me how you thought being a google lawyer was going to help the situation. Seriously. It's truly a face palming epidemic right nao.

15. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    I actually logged into EnvyMe's account before I was banned. That's what I am banned for. :0

At the time, I didn't know how long I was banned for. So, that's what I emailed em. I'd find it pretty hard to wait out something that's for an unknown length of time. ;)

And, I tried the whole "legal" thing because I was learning about the Constitution in school and I was slightly interested in some parts of the Judicial and Legislative branch, and I tried to apply them. Kinda failed on that though.

16. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You guys need to stop arguing about this stuff. It is what it is, and arguing on hear won't fix anything; you're only going to annoy each other further. I did the same thing earlier, it's pointless guys; and it was dumb. Worry about yourselves not other peoples business; if you're having a problem with the game or dev, you should try to keep from posting on the forums, and instead keep it private.

Not trying to be hypocritical, but I already learned this lesson so I'm sharing with you.

17. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Not arguing, just discussing. There's a difference.
    But you're right. Thread is getting too derailed.
    All of the growtopia talk is happening at the official forums so this thread doesn't get much attention these days.
    Moving along.

The new racing stuff has really brought the game to a whole new level. It's like a million games inside of a game.

It has been overflowing with awesome updates recently. People should check out out if they haven't yet already.

18. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    I can't wait to try out all that racing stuff when I get back. :) Sounds fun and I want to make a race map.

19. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm not too into that racing feature, but I will say it is definitely a cool addition. They does continue to grow more fun with every patch/update. Along with all of the new blocks and power ups, it's great.

20. D-Vader

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    So, apparently, according to the forums, the server is down for fixes following a major bug. The bug had to do with people recycling rarity 999 stuff like Fertilizer, and getting lots of gems back. Seth's working on a solution to this. But.... none of the applies to me.

Apparently there was an update which caused stuff like Fertilizer to have rarity 999. On the forums, someone mentioned Portals. So... what's in this update? Can someone post the Gazette or something for me if they managed to screenshot it before the server went down?