Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Andiron, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I disagree

I think we have alot to be impatient about, sure the app store Is flodeed with the same action RPGs mostly Korean and a billion Zenonia clonnes, then theres tower defense which is all over the place, also ur dungeon crawlers, theres even a good amount of tactic RPGs but when it comes to something turnbased like a jrpg or similar, theres barely anything. Im still trying to find more but...

There's Ff1,2,3/chaos rings,omega/Ash/Alphadia/Fantasy Dragon/ Gaurdian saga/ Symph of eternity/ Vay/ monster rpg 2/ Crimson Gem Saga, eternal legacy, phantasy star 2... And that about it and half of those aren't even that good, or remakes, or lack a control pad etc...

2. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Just sayin...

As for the comment about gossip and speculation, specifically people wondering if ball is really an insider or not apparently you don't actually pay much attention to the forums.

Only developers have avatars next to their names. That is how you can tell if someone is legitimate period.

And I think you guys missed the point I'm not eager to start flaming people nor am I mad at the developers I don't think most people were. We just wanted some info because we are impatient which is pretty human IMHO. Of course we want them to take their time and make a quality product, however like it or not the forums exist so people can have opinions your even entitled to yours I'm not gonna belittle you for it so hey be mature and don't condescend to us cause your viewpoint is different... And I for one appreciate all the info ball has given us.
    Fanboys will be fanboys whiners will whine and I'm probably gonna be impatient... If you don't like my posts no one is forcing you to read them..
    -peace everyone

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Although cynical I am excited as the rest of you. I am greatful for whatever information we get and owe Nall an apology for seeming so suspicious. Best wishes all and here's to more great iOS RPGs in the near future.

4. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Just a head's up that I think the first half of the website will open soon, although this half is mostly information for people who haven't played Lunar before.

5. Solid Snake Man

Solid Snake Man Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    EMT/Instrumentalist
    Sacramento, CA
    Awesome. Excited to see some movement regarding the game. Are you guys shooting to have it out before Christmas or has it been pushed back till the new year?

6. Omegaferrari

Omegaferrari New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    We need this now

All new info appreciated, screens, etc. Some news about how they will use the sega cd content or something , release date would be awesome to know.cant wait for this , lunar the silver star made me love jrpgs even more, thanks in advance.:D

7. Jfinx

Jfinx Member

May 1, 2011
    Happy New Year All,

Anyone have any update or did anyone learn anything about this release of lunar?

Jfinx

8. chinoalfonz

chinoalfonz New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    I've searched periodically for updates and I'm finding nothing. Heard anything as of yet?

9. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Ditto! Seems like nall has fallen off the face of the earth . . . :(

10. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I also check back in here every week or so. Unfortunately it's been quite for awhile now. I've got a lot of great games in playing now to tide me over but honestly I'm still looking foreword to this.

Any info would be great not sure if there's a target release window yet or not but it would be nice to get some news on this one :)

11. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    GUYS I EMAILED THEM THIS MORNING.... This is what I got back....

http://cl.ly/EqrY

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What is not clear is whose approval are they waiting on and what is required to attain such approval... the mysterious implied other party who has not yet approved does not sound like Apple. Is it another department within the developer company? Has Apple continually rejected this?

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I can almost guarantee you that the approval they're waiting for is that of the rights owner.

14. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    You are probably right..... Sigh

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Since you've got a line of communication with developer you should reply and ask for clarification, maybe they will confirm they are waiting on rights owner.

16. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Well either way that sounds like a major bummer :( thanks for being proactive and trying to get the scoop for us though. I honestly wouldn't hold my breath on this one. If and when it comes out though it's gonna be awesome. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. Although that hasn't worked out yet for bof 3 on psn lol
    Can't blame a guy for trying.

I just wish they still made RPGs in this style for systems. Newer styles are not as fun for me most of the time. Skyrims not a bad game but it just isn't the same ill take any old jrpg anyday. The tales Games are about as close as it gets.

17. Spookytoymaker

Aug 12, 2011
    Salesman
    Texas
    News from Game Arts

Emailed game arts and this was the response

Thank you for your email about our "Lunar".
    We appreciate your interest in and selecting our products.

"Lunar 1" is getting ported to iOS system by SoMoGa.
    They will announce the release date in the not‐too‐distant future, so
    please look forward to it.

Best Regards,

GAME ARTS

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Cool! Thanks! The mystery deepens...

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    lol another vague reply. well to make myself feel better i stopped anticipating this so i'll never feel disappointed =p

20. Deagon

Deagon Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Beaumont, Tx
    I sure hope it gets released this year at some point.
    It's been over a year and i'm sick of waiting!