Wolfenstein RPG Problem!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MicroByte, Aug 12, 2009.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Crap! I need help! I'm pretty far into the game and am down in the sewers. For those that have been that far, I've just picked up the gold key and am going to unlock the gold door. Before I unlocked the door, I saved my game just because new unlocked doors can have some pretty difficult sections after them.

Well, when I open the door, it starts into a cut scene... Starts but nothing happens! The enemy on the other side looks like he's about to speak, but never does. Okay, so I hit Skip and the game locks up!

Thinking it's a one time bug, I reboot my iPod Touch 2G and restart from my save point. Open the door, cut scene starts, same problem!!!

I've tried saving in different spots, backtracking and coming back, but it always freezes!

I REALLY don't want to have to delete and reinstall the app since I would lose my save game and I'm about 6 - 7 hours into it.

Any ideas? Has this happened to any one at other parts of the game? I'm going to try to submit a problem report from iTunes, but since it's EA, I probably won't get much of a response.

Here is a YouTube video of the problem:

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't help with the problem, but just to point out that when I had an issue with Rock Band I contacted EA support and they helped me fix it within about 2 days which is better than I was expecting.

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Restore your iPhone and see what happens

4. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I've submitted a bug report on iTunes and left a trouble ticket on EA's support site, so we'll see if anything comes about from that.

Restoring would be a pain since I bought the app last night and haven't backed up since. I think I will wait for a reaponse from EA or Apple. If I hear nothing, I'm going to delete the app and download again. It's going to take some time to get back to the point I'm at, but at least it's a good game to replay.

5. ODogg

ODogg New Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Same issue

did you ever get a response back? I was playing it yesterday and had the same issue... really don't want to restart the whole game and run the risk of it happening again...

6. mattybsoul

mattybsoul New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Fix

I had this same problem. I fixed by simply killing myself with the dynamite and restarting the level. It didn't freeze after that.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It happend to me as well. Take a fear syringe before you open the door and its like the problem never happend! ;)