Dead Rage: Prologue Just went FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Drummerboycroy, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Appshopper just sent me the update. Whoa!

DBC

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA

Dead Rage: Prologue

!!!NEW MAP ADDED!!!
    !!!FREE FOR HALLOWEEN!!!

* * * The Bloodiest FPS mobile game!* * *
    * * * The Top 1…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    !!!NEW MAP ADDED!!!
    !!!FREE FOR HALLOWEEN!!!

* * * The Bloodiest FPS mobile game!* * *
    * * * The Top 1 of Act/Adv Game in over 30 countries!* * *

The ultimate Cool First Person Shooting Game! As REAL as it gets 3D graphic with explosive first person shooting experience!

Story
    ============
    2012, a terrible virus is spreading fast......as a survivor, you have to face the endless infected zombies, but what worse is the mystery that lies behind the cause of the virus.

Human attacked by zombies will turn into them due to the virus. As a law enforcer, your job now is to protect human beings from being wiped out, and make yourself survive and DON’T turn into one of them!

Features
    ============
    * RAGE Explosion system: Accumulate the anger from kills and headshots! When the Rage Gauge is full, the death screams of zombies will be heard!

* SPECIAL UI design for touch screen and easier to control.

* HIGH QUALITY 3D optimized to provide realism that you never experienced!

* COMBO system and targeting headshots will challenge your limits!

* ENDLESS challenging levels! Discover your potential as you blast through the waves of zombies!

———————————————————————————————————————
    For latest news please visit our official website http://www.facebook.com/DeadRageGame
    Video in http://www.youtube.com/user/DeadRageGame
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Apr 01, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Whoa! ...I've never heard of this game... :eek: is it any good?

4. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    AnarKitty - Thanks for doing the thing with the thing. I've got to learn to do that at some point...:eek:;)

ninjackid - I wish I had better news. The game keeps crashing on me, and the control scheme is a little awkward.

The good? The game looks pretty amazing. the sounds are also pretty excellent. If the Bullet Time thing works as well as it looks, it's pretty sweet.

The bad? Well, at this point, it won't run? lol The controls seem a little off, but I honestly haven't been able to play enough for honest impressions. Not sure about leveling/IAP, but the game started out at $4.99, so the IAP can't be all tha... You know, I should just say idk at this point...;)

DBC

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Overall you'll might as well just pick it up for free. It's a decent survival fps with a few FPS issues crammed in 47 mb

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Cool. Worth a free download, I guess?

Downloaded!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For free, this is a very good title. Some AI are a little stupid, but im sure stupid becomes difficult later on when the undead start "clashmobbing" on you.

All other weapons are pickups, including extra coins and ammo. There are IAP but it only adds to gold, means it's only for the impatient. Also, the bonus gold mentioned in the app description is there.

The controls are standard swipe on right to move, left to aim, with a shoot and reload tap areas. There is also auto aim function but it didnt work for me. Made my control over it become a little quirky.

Graphics and sounds are good too. Enemies seem to be varied much. The first waves dont last too long though, and arent as actiony as i hoped they'd be. I bet the later waves will be a blast to play.

Downside? Im on an iphone 4s, and the game crashed on me once.

It's worth a shot, and is a decent survival fps at least. Especially now that it's free.

8. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    IAP = awkward (unlock for levels?)
    control scheme is actually not bad and basic....what do you dislike about it?

9. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Re IAP: I've read and reread my original post a bunch and I still can't figure out how you put these two together...:confused::)

Re controls: As I stated, I played the game for about 30 seconds and then it crashed a few times, so I went back to other games, so I can't really say one way or the other. Oddly, unlike E-P, I loved the auto-aim for the little I got to use it... go figure :D

If I had to say anything, this might be the first game I've played on my iPhone that I might need to play on an iPad. The controls aren't bad, they just seem, idk, tight? I know, very informative, right?:rolleyes:;):)

DBC

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... I think i know what you mean. It's a good game, but it isnt CODBOZ or NOVA.

11. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I think this was originally called Walking Dead, and I'm guessing they got zapped for that. Tried it, and it has a very smart control scheme for a iOS FPS. Unfortunately, it runs like dog dirt on my 3GS -- choppy to the core. But definitely worth checking out for folks with newer hardware. Can't really comment on the IAP, as I didn't spend much time with it.

12. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    What's the "$7.99 gift pack?"
    :confused:

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You have almost 50000 gold from the start. Or somewhere there. When I realized what it was I already spent some of it. LOL.

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    The game has potential though im sorry i dident realize it was crashing
    for ya...im playin on a 4s with no issue though..

sorry but Im also unsure of your IAP question...

cheers