Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Haha, sorry! I didn't mean to blow you off. I do appreciate your support and for spreading the word about our game!

The game is made with GameMaker Studio.

2. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Seriously Zack the sprites and fonts are TINY. It's putting me off playing, which is a shame.

3. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    It seems to go dumb and get stuck on loading and not letting you click A... The touch controls need revamping so im not hitting the middle of the d-pad to select left

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    @Rattyfus: Sorry about that. I'll look into improving the UI over time, though admittedly it might take a bit. I can definitely make a few immediate corrections to help improve visibility, though.

@Dymonic: If this happens, wait a few seconds and try again. There's currently a bug that causes this to happen but it will "time out" after 10 seconds and allow you to tap again and it'll force the message to continue. This will be solved entirely in the upcoming patch as soon as Apple approves it. The touch controls will also be completely revamped very soon.

5. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #25 CalinR, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Zack,

Game seems super fun so far. Raised my char to level 6 before I decided to buy. Kudos on:

1. Making a fantasy game that isn't visually geared towards people under 15 years of age.
    2. That's complex
    3. And doesn't scream "look at me, I'm an homage to old school games", but instead IS a straight up homage.

I'm going to recommend this to my android-owning buddy. The free to try pricing scheme reminds me of the good old days where DOS games had these magical things called "demos" that came on floppys with PC mags, and let the consumer make his purchase based on the rational economic theory model of decision-making lol.

Can't wait for the dungeon speed fix. Also, quick question: are there any plans, or extant methods, of viewing a complete catalogue of monsters you haven't caught? It's been awhile since my 6th grade Pokemon days, but it'd be nifty to check how many more I have to catch.

Omg and I almost forgot: permadeath and random monster tiers and all them difficulty settings in the beginning? FREAKING AMAZING!

PS: your studio's name is hysterical, are you a fan of the "howling" movies, or just an animal enthusiast, cause I'm willing to bet that there're probably a max of 3 zoologists at a university somewhere that know what a thylacine is lmao.

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #26 ThylacineStudios, Jul 10, 2014
    Thanks CalinR! The support is very much appreciated!

You can talk to the librarian to view a bestiary of the creatures you've already summoned, along with a running total at the top that shows the number you've summoned compared to the number that is currently available in the game. You can't view creatures you haven't already summoned, though. I think that would spoil the surprise :).

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Thanks for the reply, that's also a super reasonable way to make the first playthrough sweet. I actually remembered a second question I had, since I haven't played enough to figure out: I think the creatures' health regens to full after every battle. Is this a conscious decision, or some kind of easy mode I accidently turned on? I'm literally only on the second floor of the first dungeon, so my party's leveling up after every fight, and 1 hit ko-ing almost everything. Does the health always regen after battles, or only on level up? Thanks in advance.

8. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Your creatures' health is intentionally regenerated after each fight. The early game is designed to be pretty easy, but rest assured that the difficulty will ramp up as you progress!

9. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Awesome, again, much obliged.

10. siraewoo

siraewoo New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    the font size is really small
    fix it please i cant play anymore
    except this thing it's very funny

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I never have trouble reading small writing which seems to be the main complaint so given the other feedback I'm going to download and try.

12. number9dream

number9dream Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Pharmacy student
    Canada
    After choosing name and Mage type and then actually trying to play the game, it crashes. Ipod 4th gen if it makes any difference...

13. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #33 ThylacineStudios, Jul 10, 2014
    Unfortunately, it seems like the game is crashing on all devices that have only 256mb RAM. I'll see if I can trim things down a bit to keep it from happening. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: I've found a workaround for the crash on devices with 256mb RAM. Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of Apple's slow review process to determine when the fix comes out, so I apologize but it might be a week or so before it's released.

14. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Awesome game so far. I'm a level 23 chaos mage and stomping some booty.
    The font size took a few minutes to get used to. That's it, a few minutes, and there's no discomfort or irritation because of it, so I think that people just need to sit down with the game before they start spouting off about problems.

I, just like everyone else, have a request for you: Could you either put in an auto-battle option [which would allow you to halt the auto-attacks, say, with a button press] or allow us to just hold down the A button when in battle to keep attacking?

And that's it. No complaints, just a fun game, and I think it's totally worth the purchase. I like to toss developers a few bucks when I can.

15. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    This is a great game. Its free to try the first number of levels so there's no reason not to give it a whirl. I bought the game after about 30 minutes of the trial - well done sir!

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This right here would be awesome.

And if I might add, that holding A would continue to make the "end of battle" reward text keep scrolling instead of having to tap it multiple times.

17. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

You can read the changelog for the upcoming patch here: http://thylacinestudios.com/forums/index.php/topic,210.0.html

Of note, you can hold down the A button and continue to cycle through messages. You can also change the message text speed to "instant" which will make the messages go away very quickly if you hold down the A button.

18. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Can anyone explain the dynamic with Power Balance? How does it work exactly - is it good, bad?

19. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    It's good to have high Power Balance. It has a cap of 200%, can never fall below 20%, and influences how much Power and Plasma you gain from battles and some events. It also costs Power Balance to do certain things, like teleport to a new dungeon. You can gain PB from winning battles or by using certain consumable items.

20. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Excellent, thank you