Since I can't play Espgaluda on my Ipod

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, May 11, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Are there any other games like it on the ipod

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Sky Force reloaded

3. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Icarus X is probably the best "bullet hell" style shooter aside from ESPGaluda II. It's not nearly as complicated, but it's challenging and fun in its simplicity and lack of convoluted scoring mechanics.

4. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    some other good shmups

I really *really* enjoy SKYSMASH 1918 (I think it's 1918) and its sister game, MORTAL SKIES. Both are really fun shooters. ROSWELL is good, but *entirely* too difficult, and the levels tend to drone on for too long for me.

I got a good thrill from the side view shooter UNDERGROUND as well, it's an interesting take. But my personal faves are SKYSMASH and MORTAL SKIES (outside of ESPGALUDA II).

Good luck and happy shooting!

5. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    SO is this game basically one of a kind?

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    buy sketch nation shooter and make your own bullet hell levels

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I found Assault Squadron to be a good bullet hell type shooter.

8. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Space Invaders Infinity Gene and...Space Invaders Infinity Gene. Nothing else compares.

9. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    K Ima try this

10. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    And you should check out Assault Squadron and Icarus-X as well ;)

11. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Agreed. The graphics make it like a self-induced drug experience.

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Infinity Gene is my favorite too, but I will second those who mentioned Icarus-X, it's a great game and probably the closest thing to Espgaluda. I also love Warblade and Super Laser--been playing both of them like mad.

Really, these are all excellent shooters and I think you can get Icarus-X, Warblade and Super Laser for $3 total if they're all still on sale. Perhaps Warblade has gone up to $1.99 now, but still, those three excellent games for $4 can't be beat.

13. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #13 dyscode, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    Def. try out Buster Red, too!

Super Laser and Assault Squadron also excell.

Roswell Figher is not too much compelling compare the the above
    but it´s FREE for today!!!

14. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    Icarus X is amazing, thx :p and it doesn't cost that much

But what are the differences between it and espgaluda? so I can kno what im missing out on

15. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Noiz2sa and Rrootage and Warblades, all are amazingly done PC ports. Don't pay for Noiz2sa, the free version is better and done by another dev, Rrootage should be free as well. Warblades is a dollar, and probably the most feature rich shooter on the app store, and the longest, with a full RPG upgrading system, tons of bonus rounds, secrets and achievments. Noiz2sa and Rrootage are both very hardcore bullet hell type shooters, with simple graphic styles, but great great gameplay. Warblades is a Galaga type shooter on steroids, with limited left to right movement. All control great, and all are worth a look.

16. nkflier23

Feb 14, 2010
    Sooo since it's been a while since I made this, are there any time?

17. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Try Fantasy Night of Touhou. Released today. It was priced at ~3 gbp, then dropped to free. :D No idea why.

Not as good as ESP though.

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I tried the first level and its pretty fun and in the "bullet hell" genre. Gotta play through the game after work/during free time.
    I got Shoot the Magic (currently still free) as well, and its pretty fun, but feels sluggish. Its also another bullet hell game. I can beat the game on the easiest difficulty.
    I'm currently eying Phoenix as well, and that looks like its also bullet hell. The main reason I haven't got yet is I still suck at these types of games. I tend to make big ship movements when I panic, then I die.. =P

I'm actually new to the bullet hell genre, and while its really difficult, its still pretty fun. Others have mentioned Noiz2sa and Rrootage and both are fun, with really "minimal" graphics.

I tried Icarus-X when it was free, and its alright to me. Its pretty difficult and the background "distracts" me from the enemies and bullets cause it seems really busy.

I really like Vetica. Its more of a traditional shmup, but I like the art style of the game. The enemies and weapons are really varied. If you read that thread, the developer explains his logic for types of enemies and their behavior. Its pretty fun and interesting to me.

19. c2matrix

c2matrix Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I recomment our game "iStriker: Rescue & Combat"

[​IMG]

Its not bullets-hell style, but the gameplay is interesting, You must destroy enemies and rescue your alliance members.

20. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Warblade