Trailer: Ultraviolet Dawn, a hybrid space-shooter/trading game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SCSGames, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCSGames

SCSGames Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Software Developer (natural habitat :)
    Mississauga, Canada
    Hello,

We're the makers of the tank shooter "Project Phoenix" which got a very warm reception from you guys, and we're back with another game. This one is much more sophisticated, and is a hybrid space-shooter/trading game which puts you in a completely open Universe with over a thousand stars to explore.

There is really no pre-determined way to play the game - it is entirely up to you to chose what you want to be and how you want to play it. You can be a peaceful merchant, shuttling goods between stars. You can be an outlaw, attacking innocent ships and capturing their cargo. You can be a smuggler, trading in illegal goods banned by the the Intergalactic Federation. You can even run missions, both legal and illegal.

We've also improved the degree of customization you now have. In addition to being able to customize your ship's weapons and equipment, you can now trade in your spaceship entirely for a different spaceship with very different characteristics.

We've attached a preview trailer and screenshots below. The game should be out in early July this year, provided the powers that be cooperate.

We're also looking for beta-testers - however, being a tiny company (1 person, in fact :)), we can only handle 4-5 people, and our beta will only last about a week (though you're free to play the game after that, of course). So if you're interested, please drop us a line at support at sadcatsoft.com with your device ID.

Attached Files:

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Wow! Nice screens! Loved Project Phoenix BTW

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks like a very extensive trading/fighting game. Looking forward to it.

4. chengye

chengye Member

May 25, 2010
    nice rpg elements

5. SCSGames

SCSGames Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Software Developer (natural habitat :)
    Mississauga, Canada
    Thanks everyone for the comments. We've now reached the maximum number of beta-testers we feel we can support properly, so at the moment we can't accept any more applications. Those of you who are in the beta program should have received the emails with all the details by now - thank you greatly for participating. :)

We also have small present for everyone else - when the game comes out, it will be completely free for the first 24 hours or so, so keep your ears perked. :)

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#6 jak56, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    yes! SCSGames does my favourite type of dual stick shooter! (space)

7. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    How is this game differ from Warpgate besides 2D vs. 3D?

8. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I may tell you as soon as I sync my ipod

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sorry I missed the opportunity to beta this one - it looks fantastic!

The thing I don't like about Warp Gate is that flying around is boring. Combat is boring. It seems like it's just there to look good (which it does!)

When I started playing it, I was reminded of the old Dreamcast game, Armada, which was more of a shooter than anything else, but it had galaxies with planets to visit, etc. That plus trading would be awesome!

This looks to be more along that vein, and with how good their Project Phoenix is, I am definitely looking forward to playing this one - please keep us updated!

10. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG