Asking for sales?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by markx2, Sep 18, 2009.

1. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm finding it really annoying that members are increasingly asking for sales. One person asks, another comes along and agrees and all of a sudden it's not about the game, it's about .99c

Devs know the economy. They poured their time and effort in and it should be down to them to make that decision when and if they want. And I'm pretty sure that economy is not limited to just the people here.

Can we leave the devs alone and concentrate on the game?

2. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I personally think it's both hurtful and helpful to devs and the community of gamers at large.

It's hurtful in that devs may make the mistake of launching at a lower price even when there's indications of a sizable enough portion of interested gamers that would pay a higher price (and thus afford those devs more money). It's also hurtful in that it gives the forums a bad name, IMHO, if it happens all too often.

But...it can be helpful in that it helps devs gauge interest in their games for certain price points. Even if most of the posts are chanting for low sales prices, devs at least know they can get at least a good portion of those gamers later on with price drops after sales drop off at the higher price points. Plus...it does keep prices in check when the consumer has the power to directly communicate with the devs.

Good and bad.