iPad Astronaut Spacewalk (by Jorge Hernandez)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It just means it will run on an iPad in 2X mode.

I would also definitely buy a universal or HD version.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Anyone else who cannot get this to launch?

3. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Did you try resetting your iPod? The first few times it crashed when loading the first mission. After resetting it, it works just fine. Challenging but fun 'game' as well! Definitely a fun change of pace from the usual IOS stuff.

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah tried that, deleted and reloaded, still won't get past the first screen. I have just received a pm to advise tha the dev is looking into it

5. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    this is sooo sci fi (well sci sci) look beautiful, the music, oh god, *hits purchase button.

6. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    No impressions? Anyone?

7. kempt_alex

kempt_alex Member

Sep 15, 2011
    This is why I love the App Store. I don't expect it it to be perfect but I'll be buying...

8. AstronautGame

AstronautGame Member

May 15, 2012
    Some crashing issues

HI.

I am aware of some people saying that the game crashes. It affects very few people but I am taking it very seriously. It is odd because it happens in the same devices that work perfectly for other people.

I am looking into it from my end but it might be related to these news about the AppStore.

http://appshopper.com/blog/2012/07/05/heads-up-corrupt-app-store-downloads-causing-apps-to-crash-on-launch/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jul/05/iphone-apps-app-store-corruption

I am not saying this is the cause but it could be. I am still investigating the issue.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    game runs perfectly on my 4th gen touch (iOS 5.1) and iPad 2 (5.1) - love it... though the controls are kind of hard to reach on my iPad...

Still... having a BLAST with this! Who woulda thought moving an astronaut around a spaceship would have been this challenging. =oP

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #30 Capricornman, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Mine runs smoothe and I also have an iTouch 4th gen device
    Looking at the instructions I'm intimidated!
    Yet looking at the beginning of the first mission I'm in complete awe and amazement the era we live in
    Galileo would have loved to have played this!!!:)
    Hope I can keep in my head what all the buttons mean
    Will have to read the instructions again:)

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Actually, I very much found it to be a case where you learn much faster by experimenting than by reading instructions. Here's what I suggest: stick to only using the buttons on the left side of the screen until you're familiarized with what they do and using them becomes intuitive. Then, add in the buttons on the right, as you need to.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah... when I looked at the manual, I was totally intimidated... and thought that I wouldn't be able to figure the game out... but after playing around with it until I ran out of O2 on the first stage... I was more comfortable with it. By the end of the 2nd stage, it all feels natural... except for the camera. I still usually have a hard time getting the camera to go where I want it to on the first try... but you can also pause and move the camera, which is nice, and helps you not waste time that you might otherwise waste while fidgeting around with it.

Anywho... this is probably the most interesting simulation game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I can't wait to get further in.

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the advice
    Sounds like a good approach rather than being overwhelmed
    I will try:)

14. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Makes me feel better about it!
    Can't wait to try the Hubble telescope mission since I like astronomy:)

15. AstronautGame

AstronautGame Member

May 15, 2012
    Hi.

I am really enjoying reading how you are learning to use the game.

I will be making the iPad version and I will move the controls closer to the corners for it....we don't have fingers that long :)

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

So it'll be a separate HD version? Or will you be making the iPhone version Universal?

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The controls for this one are too unorthodox (awkward even), but the atmosphere this game brings out is outstanding. I love the radio messages being played during your "flight." Really feels like what you see in documentaries.

This game takes patience, and the gameplay is slow, but feels realistic, at least to me who's never been in space. LOL.

I must say though, it isnt for everyone, im sure some will hate it even, but i suggest trying it out. Not sure if there is a lite version out or something, coz im sure people will bounce at the sight of the price tag.

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    agreed... I can see this one getting loads of bad reviews from people who bought it, but had no idea what to expect, and didn't have the patience to experience it...

A lite version is a great idea...

And I'm on Mission 6 now, and the controls just keep getting more and more comfortable, even the camera. Though, on my iPad, it's pretty hard to control. I'm not use to laying my iPad down while I play games... but with the controls being all over the surface of the screen, I pretty much have to. =oP

Looking forward to the iPad version with the controls set closer to the edges... also pretty excited to see the game on the bigger screen in native resolution. =oD

19. AstronautGame

AstronautGame Member

May 15, 2012
    Hi.

The initial intention was to make an specific version for iPad but after so many people asking for the game to be Universal I have decided to try making it support both formats.

I will try and post news about it. I will have to rearrange things. I didn't build it with the iPad in mind....I don't think it even existed when I started making this game...wow time flies...

20. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I really appreciate that. I bought it based on the front page recommendation but (as often happens) didn't notice it was iPhone-only.

I wish TA would identify the links explicitly as iPad/iPhone/Universal, but in the meantime it burns a lot less when a universal upgrade comes later.