Best Way to post on TA

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jDun1212, May 9, 2012.

1. jDun1212

jDun1212 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I've been watching the Touch Arcade forums for a little while now and I seem to notice two different types of threads, one has <1,000 views and seems to be replaced rather quickly and the other has >50,000 views and has a ton of comments and such.

So I'm just wondering what is it that these giant threads are doing right, and that the others are not doing so well?

Thanks!

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    ermm.. one is about an interesting game people like to talk about.. and well the other is not ?

3. jDun1212

Feb 2, 2012
    Ahh well that always helps :), but i was just sorta thinking that maybe the developer could sorta start up the conversation? Or provoke it in some way...

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    provoke it.. yes of course.. release an premium game for 9,99$ then make it free2play with an update... this seems to provoke quite some discussions.. and even ta main page cover..

well in general it depends on the game.. can your players share tactics, tips& tricks.. whatever.. it depends on the game itself.. then of course the bigger the audience the louder the noise on the net..

*shrug*

5. jDun1212

Feb 2, 2012
    I really like the idea of focusing on the players share tactics, thats a good one.