Universal Soccer Physics (by Otto-Ville Ojala)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 23, 2014.

1. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    #41 popjam5, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Yes. I would love to see either a new mode or different games which are in the same form as this one but with different sports. The unpredictability and fun-ness of this game could be carried on to others. A wrestling one where you need to push the opponent out of the arena would be awesome.

Also more ideas:
    -Low gravity
    -Large pitch
    -Small pitch
    -Big heads
    -Sticky ground
    -Bouncy ball
    -Flat ball
    -Streaker (runs on field, could be the dog someone else mentioned)
    -Flying goals
    -Ability to turn all these modes on/off, so you could play a normal match if you want

2. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Just bought it.
    OMG so much fun ^_^

I don't know why but I'm enjoying the thought of the "puppy mode" idea jeffyg3 had.

3. Karma32

Karma32 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    lol.
    We just had a game where one of my guys landed on his back and my other guy jumped on him and slid him like a skateboard to score

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I'd love to see a similar game with sumo, would be so fun to knock the opponent by tapping just like this game!

5. F3rnu5

F3rnu5 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    I had so much fun playing this game with my friends, probably the funniest thing that happened was when i kicked one of my friends players out of bounds :D then he had to play 1v2. This game is really amazing, for anyone hesitating, BUY IT NOW.

6. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Ever have a game that's incredibly fun, and you show it to someone you know like, "check out this game, it's crazy!" and they play for two seconds and say its dumb? Sometimes I just don't get people.

I'd say for every 10 people I've turned onto Wrestle Jump, there's always 1 that is totally dismissive of it, and I think of that image of the Native American guy shedding a tear because someone littered.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So I'm probably the last one to notice but...after a match the game goes into slomo and random silliness ensues. You still control your dudes, fun stuff :D

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha I never noticed this until I read your comment :D funny stuff.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think I may have run into some kind of bug. At one point one of my players got stuck standing on his head. It was cool for a while, you could nudge him a tini tiny bit but he never recovered. That one goal lasted over 3 minutes to complete. It's cool that you can get them to do a head stand but after a bit I think the player should recover or maybe you can make the player move more in that position? Idk.

10. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Love this dev!

Achievement ideas:

Bad loser - get both your players out of bounds

Celebration - score a cartwheel goal (find me on everyplay to see it's possible! Username: Neddy F

11. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Thanks once again for all the comments and ideas! :)

I just released a quick update that fixes a few bugs that annoyed me (including the one putermcgee mentioned). There are no GC achievements yet in this version but I did add an "ACROBATIC" mode to the game.

[​IMG]

coolpepper43, yea the handstand can be annoying at times, I might do something about that too in the next updates.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I love this game! Thanks for the update and I'm glad to see the quick success you've achieved. I can't wait for GameCenter I'm sure you'll integrate leaderboards and achievements proper :D I feel ashamed that I got a promo for this as I gladly would have bought it.

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Love the game too much. It's one of the greatest sports game which I've played.

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Nice update. I'll be in my hometown next week, and plan to show everyone I run into. Managed to get several friends and family members into Wrestle Jump and Space Team that way.

One random mode that might be fun is if the players were backwards. I love getting a bicycle kick goal in the game, but sadly, it's always on my own goal.

15. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    The acrobatic mode's jumps made me laugh :D

16. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I love this game! Bought it yesterday and regret for not getting it earlier! Fun Fun Fun!

17. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    No longer on the App Store :(

18. deathcorelover

Jun 16, 2016
    Can you tell me why all of your games have disappeared from the German AppStore?

19. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

It took me a while but the game now supports 64-bit iOS devices and is back on the App Store as a free game.