Harbor Master vs Flight Control vs Taxidrive

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Jun 19, 2009.

?

Best game?

1. Harbor Master

73 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Flight Control

66 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Taxidrive

7 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    #2 coconutbowling, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    (Sorry, ignore this post)

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I said Harbor Master.

The reason being that each of the 3 stages adds something very different to the game

The other big reason is that your stats are saved to imangi's server. If you delete the app (in a sudden onset of stupidity) you can re download it and have all your stats back

In FC I lost all my data when I got the 3.0 GM build and it reset all my scores... INCLUDING those on cloudcell.

4. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    YOU FOOL!

nah, we all knew this was coming... i said harbor master also, for mainly the same reason as VegantTnT... each stage is really different, and challenging in different ways. you have to guide the ships in AND out (while also waiting for the ships to unload) which makes it a lot more challenging.

whoever said taxidrive is a moron

5. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Imangi did a great job with Harbor Master.

Far more depth than the original release of Flight Control. Harbor Master still has more depth than the recently updated Flight Control.

Harbor Master = Pure Ownage

6. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I said Harbor Master as well. I played it for a while and went back to Flight Control and while that was still great I found myself wanting to go back to Harbor Master. I'm sure Firemint will do a Flight Control 2 and will raise the stakes even more :D

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Flight Control started this new genre of games, so you've gotta go with the original.

8. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I disagree, Flight Control started it but Harbour Master has improved on the formula significantly so my vote goes to that.

9. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I voted Flight Control just cause its now the OG game, it did start the genre for the app store. You cant disagree with that. Harbor Master may of...mastered...the genre, but I think credit goes to FC (the developers of HM were influenced deeply by FC).

Harbor Master does look like a great game nonetheless

10. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    harbor master---

Love the devs- they are very active on the forums- and the game has many we elements... Pit them in ports and guide them out, color coded ports, boats with multiple amounts of cargo that takes longer to unload and move slower..

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I had to give it to Flight Control just because I am in love with the art. Harbor Master is a great looking game, and I really like the addition of unloading and sending the boats away. But FC squeaks out the win, for me.

12. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I feel a little guilty voting so early after having bought Harbor Master and may well have a different opinion in a week but I went for Flight Control. The simplicity of the mechanic of FC and the panic that can induce as things get hectic still gives me a buzz, even though I'm rubbish at it.

Harbor Master introduces another nice concept to that and I think I'll really enjoy that but I still love the purity of FC. Harbor Master also has to overcome the fact that it really is FC+. It's so similar and, while I'm not going to make a judgement on whether that is right or wrong, the knock-on effect for me is that it simply can't have that same impact as when I first got into Flight Control. Like a sequel of a great game with only minor differences won't have that same effect as when you played the original for the first time.

13. MrSnap

MrSnap Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #13 MrSnap, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  14. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    taxi drive is almost a completely different game?

15. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    lol, yeah...

while that may be, i'm pretty sure harbor master was started before this was released, along with the fact that the controls have to be completely different

16. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I think Flight Control's the best out of the three. There's just something about it.

17. Parrappa

Parrappa Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I love Flight Control and Harbor Master. However, I think FC is slightly more polished in terms of graphics, sounds, and even down to the little things like the lines drawn to direct planes.

Taxidrive is just awful though, had potential though just failed at execution.

18. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Flight control lover here. I hear harbor master is good but Flight Control has the appeal and OG (apps store anyway) factor.

19. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Is Taxi Drive working on OS 3.0 for everyone else? It just crashes for me when I try to start it.

20. dacool561

dacool561 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I just got an iPhone this past weekend and i brought both FC and HM as suggested by many here, and i dont regret it one bit. both are extremely fun to play and dirt cheap to boot!