iControlpad is mostly completed

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Svensz, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Svensz

Svensz Member

We from presshome.de sent the iControlpad Team an e-mail asking for the status of the iControlpad and if they are actually still working on it.

"Debs" from the team now answered with that:

You can take a look at the whole article in german here:
    http://presshome.de/2009/04/27/icontrolpad-bald-erhaltlich/

Best Regards,
    Sven

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow, I can't wait for this. Totally adds a new prospect in iPhone gaming, it's no more "all touch". Wonder if Apple will approve this and anyone will make games compatible with it...

Wrong section by the way but it's ok :) Thanks for the news.

3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good. Will it only be for the iPhone 3G? Or are there ones for the original iPhone, iPod Touch etc?

4. Svensz

Svensz Member

In earliery times, they said, that the controlpad will be be compatible with all iDevices, so I hope :S.

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Holy crap ! I totally am getting this, anyone have any clue as to the cost?

6. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    i hope they are in conversations with game devs to make this a standard...then with 3.0 everyone could use it (if the game is made by the devs that support this peripheral)

7. Wow.

At least emulators could use it.

8. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Exactly. Problem:

If the technical layout of the controller is not standardized then devs won't begin supporting this. In other words, what if Gravis comes out with one that is technically different?

It'll be tricky. It will cost more money for devs to work support for this controller into their games. If these pads don't sell well then devs won't bother. But how can the gamepad sell without supported games?

In other words, just because a controller is being released doesn't mean that it will be a success. We'll see how they handle this in the near future I guess. In my opinion the iTouch products need a controller in order to compete with PSP etc. Too many games are "unplayable" with just a touch screen (NHL Hockey, FPS games...).

Also, don't some devices have the headphone jack on the other side where it will interfere with the buttons? Or am I wrong there? And how exactly does it slip on? That must be a 3D rendering because I see no way to actually get the thing on the device and plug it in. What holds the other end in place? Anyone read German?