MMO section? Really?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by brewstermax, May 7, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

#1 brewstermax, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Why?

That's all that needs to be said.

Ok, to be more clear, I would say that I don't mind it being there, but why not utilize a sub-forums structure? Put Most of them under Games, then make a developer section with the appropriate sub forums? It would look much cleaner and be more appropriate for this. We have 10 different forums out there. Getting too big, IMO.

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    So that we don't get spammed in the Game discussion forum area. :p

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    It was becoming increasingly difficult to find games in the games forum for all the "add me, add me, add me" threads.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I think the MMO/Code spam forum should be the first forum maybe with the name surrounded by some [​IMG]

That would effectively drive all idiot code spammer traffic to the right place... MAYBE!

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

+1, those threads r soooo annoying

6. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    There was a public outcry for this.

Hate to say it but I think you're in the minority on this brewster.

Arn was only doing what a good administrator does: pleasing the members in a logical way.

7. brewstermax

Not saying dispose of it. I'm saying that it just adds more clutter, and that it needs logical organization. MacRumors has it. I mean, it has great organization. I think that iPodTouchFans has better logical organization, but they are branched too much. If we had a large, dedicated jailbreak community, it would be better. :s. But, we need to condense, move, and subforum.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Do you really think that the people who come to TA for no reason other than to post their code and never come back are seriously going to browse around for an appropriate subforum?

9. brewstermax

It would make them less likely to post.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

No, they'd just post it in the first forum they find then a dozen people would come flame then and report the thread.

11. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No, but that's what the mods are for :);)

Clean them out of the games place for us and we won't have to see them in the games area where it gets way too cluttered.

Because when that one person joins to post a code and never come back. He bumps the code thread to the top when it was dead, and causes more people to now see it, who then like 10 more people post their codes who hadn't seen the thread before.

Plus, they do it to 3 of the same threads and it takes a while for them to slowly die back down off the first page.

Clearing all them to a place no one will ever need to go makes it much nicer for the 99% of people who don't give a crap about the code threads :cool:

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Is there a reason all the MMO game threads were not also moved to the new section? Why limit it to just the code threads?

13. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Wow the MMO code section is still growing.. people are coming here to use it.

iPhone and iPod Touch Games (259 Viewing)
    MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests (155 Viewing)

14. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah, thank god there is a new section. Its a shame too, when I look and see more members viewing that than the actual games section. Most of their names I dont even know, and a lot of them have a hundred posts or so JUST FROM THOSE THREADS. Its insane. Its like the pocket god threads, some people ONLY come here to talk about that. I dont ever look at them, but one day I did and saw like 5 people with hundreds of posts whose names I had never heard before, because all they do is post in the PG thread.