Rune Mage beta opened to all!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PixelthisMike, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Hi Touch Arcaders,

A couple of months ago we put up a beta for our next iPhone game Rune Mage, a fantasy-themed puzzle game with some minor RPG elements. We are now opening the beta to anybody who wants to help us out!

We initially released the levels in three batches so it is recommended that you play through the three betas in order:

Beta 1 - first 10 levels
    Beta 2 - next 30 levels
    Beta 3 - final 35 levels

Please note that the chief purpose of this beta is for us to collect gameplay data to balance the RPG elements properly. In saying that we will gladly receive feedback on other aspects of the game, we have already had a number of excellent suggestions which we have built into the iPhone build. You should just be aware that the beta build is far from complete :)

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    did you have a beta to install on our iphone/itouch...or are you wanting us to test by playing the game online...sorry wasn't completely sure

...either way, count me in, the artwork is beautiful

3. PixelthisMike

It's all online, there's no way we could run an open beta on the device because the number of promo codes is limited :)

And thanks for the compliment on the artwork! Will pass it on to our artist :)

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    PixelthisMike?
    From the Rolando 2 thread?
    z0mgz

5. PixelthisMike

Got it in one! I also recognise your name from that thread :)

6. iSmallZx

iSmallZx Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    ugh i cant beat the snake one on the first level :(

7. PixelthisMike

A lot of people struggle with this one when they're first getting into the game. I think because the solution winds back on itself so much. It's difficult to explain but you need to set up the vertical pairs in the two empty rows down the bottom and then shift them up into place. This ensures you don't disrupt the vertical pairs you have already placed. Working left to right (or vice versa) also helps :)

8. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    Cool game reminds me of the old school pipeworks game.

I like the look, the biggest issue for me is the look of the paths, it's hard to see sometimes if a joint is a straight or bending or tri piece.

Levels are easy, but I could see it becoming fairly difficult

9. PixelthisMike

You're right about the paths being difficult to distinguish, we have had that comment a lot and the graphics in the iPhone version have been improved to this effect :)

And you are also right about it becoming more difficult! ;)

10. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Once you get to the third set it gets of levels it gets difficult. I was part of the earlier beta and I just had no luck with most of the last 30. But the challenge is always good :)

11. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    It looks cool, just clicked the link a second ago.

12. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    There were fifty original testers, me being one of them. Do those people no longer receive a promo now? D=

13. PixelthisMike

You will still receive promo codes as promised :) We don't know when we'll be ready to submit though so can't tell you when.