Burnout Paradise for iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Frej444, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    I'd like to hear how many people other than me would like Burnout paradise for the iPhone? i know they don't just magically make games appear, but i'd think this game would be perfect for the iPhone. Besides, it's an awesome game! :)

So if you too would like this ported to the iPhone, write something in this thread, and if many say it's a great idea, I'll contact EA and hear if it's possible.

Please don't spam negativly about the price or how much you may not like this game, because it has nothing to do with this thread!
    This thread is only for those wants it ported, so if you don't, then just leave it.

-Frej444

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Burnout game would be great!

3. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Yeah, i know "Driver" has that open-world driving experience, but it's just driving around the city. Burnout Paradise offers all kinds of stunts and unlockables and is much more Arcade racing.
    I was inspired to make this post when i saw the Raging thunder 2 game that's coming soon, and i thought: "That would be kinda cool in an open-world game"
    BTW i'm really looking forward to Empty city 3d, becasue it sounds a little like Burnout paradise.

-Frej444

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm thinking if Burnout came to the iPhone it'd be track based rather than open world. More like Burnout 3 than Paradise. In fact I've heard rumour they're ditching the open world in their next console Burnout game as well.

5. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    Doing a takedown on the iPhone will be pretty awesome :D

6. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    That's kind of a bummer. I put MANY hours into Paradise and loved it. Are they actually "ditching it" or just not using it on the next Burnout iteration?

Revenge was awesome too though, and I could definitely see some variant of that on the iPhone.

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I've not played that burnout but I did play Legends on PSP and was really fun so anything would be great on iPhone!

8. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Burnout Paradise is the brutal Burnout as we know it, but with an open World Filled with stunts and all kinda of cool stuff. It's a simple game though, no wierd controls just: gas, brake, handbrake and nitro.
    It's a pure arcade racer with no repair costs or nitro buying, you just drive thru a repairshop and bam! It's a great game, and the open World is the Best i've seen.

9. sM3e

sM3e New Member

Looks sweet!

10. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    id love it if it were open world, might have to think about if it wasnt, but i loved taking down cars ;)

11. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    It would be impossible.

iPhone is not a platform that can handle games like this.

12. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
  13. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Try Asphalt 5

14. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Because?? tried it? there's no open-world?

15. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    BS, sorry for langage, but.. BS, have you tried Driver? it has open-world, and implementing stuts and stuff like that isn't Impossible...

16. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I'll say it again: it's absolutely impossible.

What makes Burnout Paradise good in the first place?

1. Rock solid 60 frames per second.
    2. Blazing fast cars
    3. Huge, HUGE open world
    4. Good controls
    5. Good implementation of the online system

Can you do any of these on the iPhone? (hint: no).

17. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Controls can be as good as Driver, they're amazing.
    Blazing fast cars will be possible, probably 3GS.
    Online system won't be hard for proffessional developers.
    Open world doesn't have to be huge.

So, some of those are yes.

18. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    You are from Somerset?
    My Grandparents live in Taunton!
    Been up onto the quantocks recently? I went there just after christmas and there was shit loads of snow and ice, lol.

19. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Of course some of those are possible, but the game would feel extremely dumbed down that just the idea of a game like that existing in a platform that can't handle it makes no sense.

Blazing fast cars are posibble on the iPhone? Sure, but the question is, how you control that with tilt based controls? lol.

Sure you can do an open world, but would it feel the same if it was really small, and plagued with pop-ups and horrible geometry like other gameloft games?

Sure you can do do online, but would you have the option to chat with other people and come up with plans to race around the city? Nop.