Quake Builder - due end of April - video preview!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by draper3000, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draper3000

draper3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Video Editor and part time app designer...
    Staines, UK,
    #1 draper3000, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
    Quake Builder 1.0

Due for release in the App store in late April 2010

YouTube Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QbbMYrLkVY

Tiny backstory:

Its the work of me, a first time Father. Back on January the 13th 2010 I became the proud father of our first baby. Since then I've been learning my way round making iphone apps/games with the dream of buying that perfect house on the beach. I'm using every spare minute I can in between a full time job and looking after the little monster each evening …I mean gorgeous daughter.

She is currently rolling around on her play mat getting very excited by the prospect of Quake builder being released….or is that just wind…

My first creation took 2 days and was a simple 'Baby Sleep app' that played sounds to send the wee one of to sleep. It was accepted on the app store and is called 'Contented Baby Sleep'.

From that tiny bit of success I thought I was ready to take on my first full game idea. And two months later I'm nearing completion of lots of tired hours work.

It started off as a simple balance game idea and it has grown into something quite cool, and tricky. A balance game with a big twist.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you, what is hopefully a new best seller..

Quake Builder:

A tricky, real world physics based Puzzle game. You build it, you activate the quake, and with a bit of skill you will survive it.

With 20 unlockable levels on initial release and more stages planned for later updates. Lots of different sorts of blocks, bouncy ones, explosive ones, circles, ones that use multi touch.

On each level you can set a highscore, and try and survive a quake using the provided varied blocks. The quake might be stronger, there might be less land, you may need to make bridges. You have to build the perfect structure to make it past the end of the quakes destructive forces.

With some retro game music and sound effects…I'm hoping I've got the gameplay just right.

Please take a look at the video link below, any feedback would be great. And at some point soon I'm going to be on the hunt for some Beta testers. Also soon after release will dish out some Promo codes in the hope of getting some good reviews.

please spread the word...

thanks for looking....fingers crossed it is not a big pile of poo.... oh no wait thats my daughter... great... :(

2. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    looks like it's coming along nicely :)

3. draper3000

draper3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Video Editor and part time app designer...
    Staines, UK,
    Not much feedback :)

thinking I may create nicer game art for tr main menu screen, nicer numbers on the timer at the top middle. Also vary the in game background for each stage.