iPhone Might & Magic Clash of Heroes (iOS version)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ubi_Irina, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm Ubi_Irina, a Community developer on this great game!
    Check out the announcement trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ujea0-Puk

Keep looking for this icon if you are interested in the game (the game will be released on January 24th)
    [​IMG]

Today I'd like to give you some more information on Clash of Heroes. If you have any specific questions, please, post below!

1/ What is the release date for Might & Magic Clash of Heroes on iOS?

We are glad to announce that Clash of Heroes will be available on mobile devices on January 24th!
    If you want to learn more about Clash of Heroes, you can check out the official site. There are a lot of details about different factions, heroes, spells, units and so on. Have a look!

2/ What platform will be available at launch?

For now, only the iOS version will be available at launch, even if we’re already working on the Android platform and also studying new platforms.

3/ Could you give us release dates per platform?

The release date is set to January, the 24th on iOS, while we don’t have any specific date on Android as the development is still ongoing.

4/ Will the iOS version be compatible with other platforms?

To start, you will be able to play on both iPads and iPhones. It means that if you buy Clash of Heroes on your iTunes account, you’ll be able to download the game on your iPad and iPhone (if you have both).
    You will also be able to play on iPad with someone playing on iPhone and vice-versa. We wanted to make it easy and accessible for users.
    Unfortunately, the iOS version will not be compatible with other versions (DS, PS3, Xbox360, PC).

5/ What countries will be available at launch and later on?

As the iOS version is a port from the HD version, we made sure to include all the languages previously available meaning: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech and Russian. We hope you’ll have fun with the whole international community!

I would like to invite you to visit the official Might & Magic portal to get more news on the game http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-GB/home/index.aspx

Stick around for more info!

Ubi_Irina

2. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    nice! thanks for some info. we had next to nothing to go on. appreciated.

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    This is a great game, personally feel it would be really well suited for touch, can't wait.

4. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Can't wait! It's a great game - loved it on the DS! :D

5. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    ight & Magic Clash of Heroes (iOS): answers to your questions

Hello,

I'm back to answer some of your questions :).
    Clash of Heroes on iOS will be released on January 24th worldwide. The following languages will be supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Russian.

The game will definitely work on iPad Touch 4th generation. It will work more smoothly on the end devices such as iPhone 5 and new iPad.

As for the uncompressed size of the game, right now the game takes around 1,9GB after being installed.

We’re happy to say that the game does support iCloud (like Rayman). We made sure our players will be able to start playing on their iPad at home, then switch to their iPhone while being away, and then switch back to their iPad.

The game will also support GameCenter, including Leaderboards, Achievements, Multiplayer and Friends.

The Android version is currently "work in progress". Unfortunately, we can't give you any precise release date as at the moment we are focused on releasing the iOS version first.

Windows phone is not planned so far, sorry for Windows phone owners.

The multiplayer mode will be asynchronous indeed.

Hope these answers can help you to figure out what's the game is all about.
    So, what do you think about it: excited or waiting for more information to be shared?

Ubi_Irina

6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Any kind of in App purchases? :confused:

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Woo weighing in heavy at 1.9 gigs.
    Wasn't the ds version like 256 megs? Probably smaller, can't remember.

Anyways excited to play this thru to the end this time, and not quit halfway thru like last time. :)

hopefully you'll be able to get that file size down some, because I hear the complaining already :D

8. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    #8 Ubi_Irina, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    Clash of Heroes_Basic tactics

Hello,

as you already know, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes will be released on iOs on January 24th. While some of you may already know how it works, I would like to give a few basic tips on the gameplay (for newcomers :)).
    The video below will introduce you to the basic moves and the line-up of Clash of Heroes. Discover what's so fun about the Clash of Heroes gameplay and why the game has already earned so many awards!
    You can activate sub-titles for the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbCfFiuyyMA.

Please, tell us below what you would like to discover next.

[​IMG]

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    I asked but without answer: Any in App purchases?

10. Ubi_Irina

Ubi_Irina Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Any in App purchases?

You have a choice: you can play the campaign and unblock everything for the multiplayer mode or, if you want to go more quickly and play the multiplayer straight away, you will be able to buy all the content. So, it is up to you!

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Bear in mind that a Retina iPad has 32 times as many pixels to display as a DS. The artwork needs to be a heck of a lot better to stand up to that.

You're right though. Looks like I'm going to have to clear some space on my phone.

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    This worries me a bit, at what part of the game does the multiplayer unlock as opposed to having to purchase it separately? Or do you mean Multiplayer is available from the start but you have to unlock items through singleplayer?

13. Christian86

Christian86 Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    iPad 1 compatible?

Any idea if this will run on iPad 1?

14. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    You should believe in god, it's less risky :D

15. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    so, is thist like HMM 3/4/5 ? or is this like a tower defence board ?
    Don't see any RPG in it, when I look at trailers

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So this game has a open world kinda type not just fight after fight or am I wrong?

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It has small sections, a town, forest, etc. You can find some things not on the main quest path but its not open world. There's a degree of freedom but overall people's experiences will be fairly similar.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The PS3 version was around 1.7GB, I presume it's using the same or similar assets.

19. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It's a puzzle battle game with some RPG like elements.

20. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    lmao