2010, the year of demo apps with DLC.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jasonsmith, Dec 31, 2009.

1. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    It's going to be a different year for gaming folks. Already you can see the spike in DLC apps. 2009 was a good year, great apps, little $$. I think it's all coming to a change.

2. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
  3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #3 ImNoSuperMan, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    Thats the way it should have been for the very beginning. A hell lot better than having separate lite and full versions.

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    god speed brother...god speed. But gahhhhh, DLC is such a pain!!! sometimes it doesnt work, sometimes you have to keep DL/ing it, why not just protect your apps better that are paid!!! Cuz if i see more stuff like F.A.S.T. or Skies Of Glory or Eliminate, i will eat myself, as much as we hear this, its a rip off! theres a whole post about this dude talking about how its a ripoff!

5. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    ^^ agreed

6. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Its all fun and games till half of the iphone consumer base is pirating software!!!!

7. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I like the idea really. Blockoban and rolando 2 had the right idea.

8. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Yes, but eliminate, skies of glory, etc...... didn't.

9. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    I agree that they are on the extreme side of what we would expect for DLC. Eliminate would be a must better game without the limitation but it can be played and managed, but I hear ya. How about Dark Nebula, you get 30 min of gameplay and then it's time to buy again, not my style.

Yep two good examples of how it should be done IMO.

10. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Ya, looking forward to the lite versions going away. I think we'll get better and more accurate tests of demos minus the weight of an extra app.

I agree that they are on the extreme side of what we would expect for DLC. Eliminate would be a must better game without the limitation but it can be played and managed, but I hear ya. How about Dark Nebula, you get 30 min of gameplay and then it's time to buy again, not my style.

Yep two good examples of how it should be done IMO.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    call me old fashion but yeah i do not care for the eliminate pro model for paying for a game. i have no problem buying games. but man i would like to at least feel the game i bought is a little mine. not just renting it.

chris.