Universal Exiled Kingdoms RPG (By David Ballestrino)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 28, 2016.

1. DavicBVal

DavicBVal Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Would you mind sharing the total of hours played? it's in the "Details" section of the character. I never intended the game to be infinitely playable, but current content should last at least 60-70 hours, probably more. If some people is doing it faster, I'd like to know.

Next update is coming along nicely, but it's taking a bit longer than expected to write all the new stuff.

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I've bought but I'm holding off playing until the final chapter releases. Knowing me, having to take a prolonged break whilst waiting for new content normally means my interest wanes and I move on to the next shiny thing. Would rather do this through in continuous sessions until the end.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I thought about that as well.
    But with over 60 hours of content (as stated by the dev above) I know it will be a long time before I will be ready to carry on with any extra content.

In reality I simply have way too many other great games currently on iOS to be devoting every gaming moment to one game.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've bought the game already, but am planning to hold on until the game is finished.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Yeah, but also forgot to mention I fired up XcomEW again the other day and along with Dungeons of Chaos, my spare time is kind of consumed right now.

6. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Xcom works on ios 10?

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Seems fine on 10.1.1. Been playing for a few days now. Had a little hiccup with the iCloud save not transferring from my iPad Air to iPhone 6S but managed to sort it after a bit of jiggery-pokery and all fine now.

8. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    While you're loading up another major content update, might I make a suggestion pertaining to Don't Shoot The Messenger that wouldn't be too terribly difficult. After playing that quest all the way through with my cleric, I was curious about how a rogue character would handle the whole affair differently and looked forward to satisfying my curiosity with the rogue archer I'm working on now.

With an awareness of 2 I figured I'd have been able to spot what Rolf was hiding and get a bit of a different reaction out of him, and maybe even an additional reputation boost with the Seventh House. Not sure if that would unbalance the game any. I'd be happy for RP purposes just to get some sort of modified reaction somewhere along the same lines as the following:

Attached Files:

9. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    There's many of the "early" quests that might get a few alternate endings. However currently the focus is on completing the main quest and adding some essential content and features, so I'll probably postpose such "retouching" for now.

10. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks!

11. afro-can

afro-can Member

Apr 20, 2015
    I have problem when I enable the save cloud option, the game crash, Im on 6s plus

12. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    That'd be pretty bad ass! :D

13. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #173 IOSgamer1980, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    I'm kind of concerned about the balancing of Irazur. I feel like I had a much easier time getting through it with my cleric than I am my rogue archer character. I mean, traps is only level 1 and my awareness is still at 2, since I've been chasing perks that require INT and STR after going all in on agility.

Maybe Adoan is just THAT good of a companion. I don't feel like I actively "used" him beyond that one thing that you need him for in the dungeon that I won't be specific about due to spoilers. I guess I'm kind of unclear how companions work. Do their stats for things like personality and awareness stack with the PC?

Maybe Grissenda just sucks...

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's not the undead enemies giving me problems. The traps are absolutely destroying me before I can get to any major opposition.

14. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Well, there is one heavily trapped area in Irazur. You might be in trouble if your perception % is not enough to detect them yet. There are several ways to deal with spikes, for instance,

-Use detection scrolls. It's a good idea to save the ones you loot.

-Equip a couple items with Detection trait, just for that dungeon.

-Take Adaon with you, if he has better Traps skill or Awareness.

-Sprint over them! (if you have the Sprint skill, or a potion of speed. Risky, but works).

Bonuses from companions don't stack with yours. Each character in your party rolls detection every 3 seconds with their own %, which you can see in the Details section of the character sheet.

15. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm curious how the skills vary between the different party members when compared to the main character. For instance, there's a specific place in the New Garland sewers that Adaon can detect eventhough both he and my cleric only have 1 awareness. Is this more like a scripted event, or does Adaon have an unseen awareness bonus?

16. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    Some things are pre-defined as part of the design, assuming some characters know about it because of their experiences, etc. those happen during dialogues, for instance Adaon automatically reveals some things in a dialogue in NG sewers, or to disarm the Irazur gas trap. But other than those exceptions the actual secret detection is calculated the same way for every character, and you can see their % on the details section.

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ah gotcha. That makes more sense. Thanks! :D

18. DavicBVal

Oct 4, 2016
    New update is pending Apple approval. I hope it's available for download through the weekend.

v.0.8.980 27/1/17

Content and world changes/additions

• -Explore the Holy Kingdom of Ilmara including the capital Nivarian. 12 new areas in total, including 5 dungeons; the largest update ever!.
    • -Quests 'Shards of Fate' and 'The Prodigal Daughter' are now completable. Listen to inn rumors or talk to the quest givers for clues.
    • -5 new quests, all of them in the new areas. New Town Hall quests available in the new towns.
    • -Dozens of new items, including offhand weapons, new potions, new loot from bosses, etc.
    • -More inn rumors: get important clues for certain quests by gossiping.

Features and improvements

• -Offhand weapons: they add damage and sometimes special effects to your regular attack (no extra attacks). Some basic offhand weapons have been added to weaponsmiths, better ones are available at guild merchants, or drop from monsters.
    • -Some rumors you learn when gossiping will now remain for a while on the 'rumors' section of your journal.

Balance and Adjustments

• -Cleric Skill "Guardian wolf" has its mana cost reduced.
    • -Hand Weapons improved. All of them have a +1% base critical chance, others also have increased damage.
    • -Werewolves are now almost immune to non-silver weapons... beware!

Bugfixes

• -Fixed a bug that could cause sudden big damage spikes from area effects on Hard/Ironman difficulty.
    • -Fixed a bug that could cause companions to stand up at 0 hp, causing some strange behavior.
    • -Certain glitch could cause quest "Three vs. Eleven" not being triggered. Fixed.
    • -Some gossip rumors about boss locations were erroneous. Fixed.
    • -Fixed dozens of small issues with maps and layers.
    • -Fixed and adjusted various small UI issues.
    • -Fixed other rare crashes.

19. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds pretty awesome! Can't wait to see it on my updates list. :D

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Update sounds great. Thanks!