Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I read somewhere that the new update reads the corrupted save file and then unlocks this 3 free bonus... Maybe is this, you are telling... If someone uninstall the game (together and the corrupted file) the new update cannot do the job... Anyway if this is the reason then is a very bad way to give back the iaps to the people...

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yeah, but I don't know if the dev is able/allowed to see who purchased, so there would be no other way I can think of to do it. If the player doesn't get the compensation, he can always ask Apple for a refund.

Actually, I started playing from the beginning before the update, and to be honest, didn't really care about the compensation. In fact, I felt iffy about taking it because it felt like cheating. lol, however, after I got the money and bought the best cars and upgraded them all, it still wasn't an automatic win. I wasn't focusing 100% on the game, because I figured it would be an easy win, but, heh, it wasn't. In fact, it almost felt like the AI got reverted back to before the update. I doubt that's the case, but has anyone else felt that since this week's update?

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Just checked it out and got the three free iaps. Used two for unlocking tracks, and the third for a consumable iap - two million cash. The cool thing about this is your nonconsumable iaps are kept on your account so you can use them on another device if you are using the same account. My brother is now using my ipad 1 (whereas I am now using my ipad 3), so he should be able to unlock the tracks on that device too.

It is nice to be able to buy all the expensive cars. I might hold off upgrading them (or upgrading them fully) until I've had a chance to try them out first, then gradually upgrade them. Part of the fun is beefing up the cars and seeing the improvements in performance. Now I don't have to focus on buying the cars (which might have taken forever for me), but on testing them out on each type of track with various stages of upgrades.

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I have felling you are right. I had deleted from the iPod and tried resyncing with my Mac in the hope that it may have worked after the bug fix update. It didn't, but as a consequence I reckon it has reset everything when it's been put on the iPod again, hence no compensation with this update. Dev has PM'd me, haven't heard back yet. I guess the saving grace for this one is that it's an awesome racing game and fun to play through, even if you had all but completed it before!

5. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I have my Steer Sensitivity set on ZERO. THAT'S the control I've been looking for. Jesus Christ what a difference. It's hilarious now when you go from zero sensitivity to 100% sensitivity. Pixelbite, I think you could go even a little bit lower too if you wanted, maybe 5-10%.

I forgot to ask... Any word on what the next update will include? Very excited about that.

6. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Wow, 0%, that's... low. :)

We got two updates in the pipe, and I'm not sure yet in which order they will come. But there will be new cars, tracks, routes, but the biggest thing is the drift mode. All tracks will be playable in drift, and I really think you'll enjoy it! We updated the physics and controls for the drift cars, so you can do really long, smooth drifts through a whole track, and even control the drift with the throttle.

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    HI pixelbite, just wondering if there's any word regarding compensation for those that lost data but didn't get anything in the last update.Thanks.

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Low compared to 100%, but not low in terms of feel. It takes the most 'twitch' out of the sensitivity which gives me the most control of my car, which is what is most important, even if the physics suffer a little for it. Like I said, I could see it as going 5-10% lower.

Long, smooth drifts... This sounds good. To me the updates that should be released first are the ones that address as much of the mechanics/physics of the vehicles as possible. From there all subsequent updates are just pure butter. Mmmmm, butter... :D

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    And Pixelbite, I want to thank you for coming coming back to the forum and responding to comments. It's appreciated, and nice job on the Steering Sensitivity tweak. I look forward to seeing this game evolve and improve.

10. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Well what do you know, I fired up the game today only to be presented with a "choose your avatar screen". Seems like all progress managed to delete itself. Since I love the game I don't mind starting all over, but it's just not cool.

11. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Finally, the Drift mode update is out!
    • New cars (Drift specific physics).
    • New routes to race.
    • New cups.
    • And most importantly, the new Drift mode!

12. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Hey Pixelbite,

Checking out the new update now.

I think you mentioned that besides the update you just released you had another one planned for release after this one. Is there any new info on that?

Thanks!

13. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    There's plans for at least two additional content updates. We have no date yet, but there's new vehicles (big ones!), new tracks, routes and yet another game mode coming.

14. RustyVercetti

RustyVercetti New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    I have a 4S and the game keeps crashing after races. It started happening out of the blue after running fine for a few days.

15. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Tried closing any background apps running, or restarting your iPhone? If that doesn't help, send us some more details and we'll try to reproduce the crash here.

16. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Would love a Gymkhana mode in this game. Would be awesome with its sweet physics

17. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Double post sorry

18. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So... When's the next update happening? : )

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Hands down.

20. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Just started getting into this again thanks to the new Drift mode. Super, super fun! Though I'm having some trouble getting big scores. I got gold on the Rookie challenge and the best I can do on advanced is Silver...anyone have some drifting tips?

Also, if Polarbit ever happens by this thread again, please add iCloud support, iPhone 5 support, and drop some more hints on the next update : )

Oh, and some kind of "quick join" in multiplayer to reduce the time spent sitting in a lobby would be awesome. I just want to race, dude.