Best soccer game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Juicebox_R, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Right now I am trying to decide between Real Soccor 2010 by Gameloft, X2 Soccer, or FIFA 10. I only have around 10 bucks on my account so I can only get one. Now I'm not a serious soccer fan, I don't care about the player names and all I want to do is pwn with Brazil. So I am looking for the game that has the best gameplay and controls. Graphics are second and realism is last. So which game has the best controls and gameplay? Also, which has the best replay value?

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    My vote goes to Fifa.

I have Real Football 2009 and 2010, X2 football and Fifa.

While the controls in Fifa takes some getting used to, it's worth it in my opinion. The AI is also a lot better in Fifa compared to other football games and with the full Fifa license, be a pro and manager mode there is plenty of depth and replay value:)

3. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    FIFA 10
    /Thread

4. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Real Football 10 and X2 have better controls and gameplay.
    I would know because i have all and love football.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Fifa or X2
    Don't even consider getting RS 10 - It's crap.

6. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    RF 2010 for me, and i have all the above mentioned footy games.

its more fun ... though fifa 10 would probably be more realistic. the controls was what i liked best compared to fifa 10 which takes a while to get used to, and x2 which is 2nd best

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    FIFA 10.

I have Real Soccer 2010, X2 Football and FIFA 10.

It depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you're casual football gamer who just want to score some crazy goals, then get Real Soccer. If you want a bit more realness to the game, get X2 Football. It has an intuitive (albeit too simplified) controls.

FIFA 10 can be intimidating for casual gamers. The controls are complicated and there are hundreds and hundreds of teams and players to choose from. But if you're really into football, you'd appreciate everything about it. The gameplay, player's movement, shooting variety, strategy, Manager mode, Be a Pro mode, cup competition and club licenses.

8. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    touch soccer 3D
    it is not out yet but i am beta testing it and it is great
    and it will be 0,99$
    it doesnt have so many teams but the gameplay is great

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    sounds a bit biased. I saw the early build video and while it's interesting, it's definitely more of a casual football game, not full-on football game like X2 or Fifa.

10. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    yes but he asked for gameplay and controls and you can pwn with brazil

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    FIFA if you want club teams. Controls are not intimidating at all. One button to pass and one to shoot. You can play and have fun straight away (true of the other offeings too). You can do more advanced passes and shots with the controls, adding to your move tool box as you want to

X2 is also very good and some prefer the floating 360 pad to FIFAs fixed 8 way pad. X2 also had a recent price drop if I recall. Only international teams tho.