Have you changed your use of TA

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by paul.hendricks, Sep 21, 2013.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Since the site revision, I have found that I visit TA much less than I used to. I would visit several times a day and use the forum links extensively. With the site changes I have a couple of forums permanently open in Safari, and maybe twice a week I will go through the links to see if I what I might have missed. I used to find lots of "hidden treasure" games that I am sure I am missing now. I haven't gone else where for information, I am just not consuming as much. :(

Has anyone else been impacted?

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #2 bigrand1, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Yep, I'm in the same boat. Used to come here 4 or 5 times a day religiously. Not happy or satisfied with with what they've done to the site. Feels like the ring manager just threw the fight, dropped the ball, completely blew it. It was great the way it was, and then boom! One step forward and two steps back! I still come check it out here and there, but nothing like I did for the past few years. Its like some fast food. Looks like it might be good, but after you're done, you realize it wasn't that good after all and it leaves you wanting something more, better. So I look elsewhere at other sites to get my info. Not as good as this was, but whatcha gonna do? It's their site. Sad, really. But hey, life goes on..... I wish I could have had a choice whether to grab the "upgrade", or keep the last version. It was SO much better. Maybe they'd change it back if lots of us don't come back and it turns out this just wasn't the best idea. :(

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    There is option 3) which is to add requested features and make this version more acceptable.

arn

4. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I'd love to have access to the forums from the front page like they used to be. It made finding information much easier. I'd also love an option to expand the front page stories en masse, but with the need for page views I understand that might not happen

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    You need to be more specific about "like they used to be".

Also, the change wasn't motivated by page views.

arn

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    When will you guys update the TA app for iOS 7? I think a new UI won't be bad but don't tweak too much please!

7. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I really like the look of the front page, but wish that the forum links placement would swap with what is currently the "Latest Reviews" and "Hot Games" sections on the right sidebar. Another thing I hope to see in the future is more thread links besides the six that are currently there.

8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It seemed (it could only be a perception) that there was significantly more forum links on the old front page and that the content cycled much more frequently. I looked for any screenshots I had of the old home page, but I must have deleted them.

As for the expanded stories, it would be a great boon for those of us who use the site mainly on an iPad. I've tried to do "open in a new tab" to catch front page stories, but it is awkward. Is there a possibility of a page that has the main news stories expanded for iPad users?

Thanks arn.