ORC: Vengeance is NOW FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Dec 17, 2012.

1. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England

ORC: Vengeance

***** App Store Best of 2012 *****
    Included in the 'Showpiece Games' category

***** App Store Editor's Ch…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ***** App Store Best of 2012 *****
    Included in the 'Showpiece Games' category

***** App Store Editor's Choice Winner *****

Play as Rok, the Orc Warchief on a quest for vengeance in this incredible RPG adventure.

This app offers in-app purchases.  You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

With groundbreaking visuals, intense combat, dynamic controls, epic boss battles and a deep, narrative-driven campaign, ORC: Vengeance is the most complete RPG available on the App Store.

Press reaction:

"Not since Infinity Blade has a game oozed so much quality." — The Sun

"Not only is it a fine dungeon crawler, but the game also helps set the standard for other developer..." — GameTrailers

"...dungeon-crawling done right" — iMore

"ORC: Vengeance is one of the best dungeon-crawlers we've played on iOS." — Slide To Play

"…This is definitely a game that makes us happy on the inside…" — TouchArcade

"…among the finest dungeon crawlers for iPhone and iPad, a well-polished and fun monster-bashing romp with impressive graphics, a plethora of weapons and solid gesture-based controls…" — Modojo

"...one of the finest examples of its genre on the platform right now." — Hookshot Inc

Universal; works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with retina support.

iCloud sync supported, plus 4 game slots for those who share Apple IDs.

EPIC STORY
    The Dark Lord has risen and has enslaved your Orc brethren, it's up to you to defeat him, and his legion of followers, and restore the balance to Argon.

CONSOLE QUALITY VISUALS
    Prepare to be blown away by some of the most impressive graphics on the App Store. Environments, combat and visual effects come to life on screen.

FIERCE COMBAT
    Choose from a devastating array of weapons to destroy your enemies. Two-handed battle axes, swords and mighty war-hammers.

LOOT AND LORE
    Break open chests, sell items and kill enemies to uncover loot to spend on new weapons and armor. Find the lost books of the ancients and uncover the story of the Dark One.

We are aware of a few isolated cases of people having problems with the build and we are very sorry about that. The developers are working hard now to resolve the issue in question and we promise you'll be back dungeon crawling as soon as possible.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains advertisments for EA and its partners. Contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
    Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Jul 26, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (25)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. redcoat

redcoat Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    student
    las vegas
  3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Cha-chillingo! Grabbin...once I make room. :eek:

4. Cleafus

Cleafus Member

Aug 4, 2011
    I see it as still $2.99 right now.

5. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Was it free earlier? Because it appears that is no longer so.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah still $2.99 so I'm guessing this'll be free at 10pm CST (my time).

7. Bought a long time ago, but never played cause I was waiting for the alternative controls. Guess I should have just waited.

8. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Bought it a while ago, played it through to the end, and loved it! Fantastic battling game! It'll be free late tonight through tomorrow. I hope this means they'll be adding new content too.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    There's an update coming with some new "secret" levels as well as new options for controls and some other things. Apparently was submitted to Apple....I've been checking almost daily for it.

Fantastic dungeon crawler. Best of the year IMO (seeing as Infinity Blade: Dungeons never made it out for any competition).

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's still a good game, and should be upped to great when the controls update hits.

I just hope they dont greed up and tweak for IAP-push, or, plaster ads everywhere.

I dont even remember if the game has any IAP at all.

11. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    Me too. Not got past the launch trailer yet, as didn't want to spoil the game playing with the crappy controls.

Unbelievable how many games I bought at full price which went free this month #

It's what being an iOS gamer is all about ...... sigh

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Pretty easy to play and was worth the purchase

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Absolutely. While I do look forward to going through the game with the new controls, I had no problem at all with the old ones. And with the amazing quality and content of the original game sans update, it was worth well more than the $2.99. It's not like this game came out a few weeks ago. It's been out quite a while.

So those crying that they should have waited for it to go free? Well, they're what's wrong with the app store.

Not saying I never got anything free...I've gotten plenty. But I can't stand when people want a game but want to wait until it's free. Most games I get free are ones that I may have been on the fence about but never was just "waiting" for it to be free.

Can't say I don't get upset when a game goes free after a few weeks. That's not the case here.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bought it day-one and never regretted the purchase.

Aaaaaaaaand... It's one of the rare games that have icloud saving working perfectly fine.

15. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Chillingo may not be the best lately but this was and is there best well 2nd best

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Lol..I bought this a month or so ago and also saw the news of updated controls and just decided to wait for the update before starting it. But next week with the Christmas shutdown, I may finally start it and make this the meaty game for the holidays. :)

17. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    How does this compare with Heroes Call?

18. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    In my modest time with both, HC is more same-y and definitely IAP to advance oriented.

O:V is (relatively) more varied, and you don't need to IAP anything in order to have an enjoyable playthrough. Hope that helps. :)

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    IMO, this is much better. Greater variety of environments, better graphics, erc. And if you were ok with the controls in that game, you won't mind the current ones in this game either. Very similar touch to move, touch to attack, etc. Although there's some guestures as well.

20. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    It costs again. I missed it.