Universal Magic Petals, a flower shooting puzzle game with pivot action mechanics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdoreGames, Aug 27, 2015.

1. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    #1 AdoreGames, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Hello everyone!

We're AdoreStudio, a casual game developer, primarily occupied with the development of indulging and high quality games. We've a portfolio of games developed for PC and Mac. Recently, we’ve set out to revive Magic Petals that was originally released for PC and Mac back in 2012 and totally revamp it for mobile devices with all-new social and gameplay mechanics. Obviously, it'll be our first mobile game we are publishing ourselves that's why we'd like to hear what you guys think about the game and make alterations based on your experienced feedback.

Magic Petals is announced to be released on iOS, primarily for iPads, and Android this autumn. It will be free-to-play with some IAPs. Right now, the game is soft launched on iOS in the UK. Get a sneak peek of Magic Petals as long as you have a UK iTunes account. (And if you don’t, here’s how to get the UK iTunes account). Install our mobile game now before the rest of the world: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/magic-petals/id1015481974?mt=8

[​IMG]

Magic Petals is set in the flourishing gardens of PetalVille with a relaxing atmosphere of bloomy meadows and the cutest fairy tale characters.

The player’s job is to help Vicky, a little fairy princess, break some wicked spells and liberate her friends from the captivity of an evil sorcerer by exploring the flourishing gardens of PetalVille and assembling groups of three or more flowers of the same color, making them disappear from the playing field.

The Magic Petals stand-out features:

• * ASK FOR BOOSTERS - if you’re out of boosters, you can request some from your friends and send them back too!
    • * BUBBLE MODE – use a bubble to catch the flower you need. Shoot the flower you caught at the other flowers;
    • * Unorthodox style of matching mechanics – experience unparalleled pivot-action gameplay;
    • * Relaxing atmosphere of blooming meadows;
    • * Leaderboards to compete with your friends on;
    • * ASK FOR LIVES – if you’re out of lives, you can request some from your friends and send them back too!
    • * MAKE screenshots of levels where you’ve outscored your friends and SHARE your results with them!

Here are some gameplay screenshots from our upcoming game:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our mobile app is currently under Apple’s review process. We’ll inform you once the game become available in the App Store.

Our blog: http://adoregames.com/news/all_news
    Join our community on:
    https://www.facebook.com/worldofmagicpetals
    Follow us on:
    https://twitter.com/magic_petals
    Watch our videos on:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AdoreGames
    Follow us on:
    http://instagram.com/magicpetalsofficial/

If you happen to notice any errors or bugs in the game, please don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know: http://adoregames.com/contacts.

P.S. Magic Petals also have a Facebook version. It is available at https://apps.facebook.com/magicpetals/ You'll need Unity WebPlayer to start the game.

Attached Files:

2. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Hey everyone,

Promo codes are now avaiable for our flower shooter. PM me if you want to get the sneak peek of Magic Petals!

Cheers,
    AdoreGames

3. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    #3 AdoreGames, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Very cute game.
    Too bad it's free to play.
    Looks fun though.

5. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Thank you for the feedback

We appreciate you feedback.

We've made the game monetization quite subtle. You can ask for lives and boosters from your friends and get additional crystals through watching an ad or unlocking achievements.:rolleyes:

Could you please share your thoughts why you think it's 'too bad'?

Cheers,
    AdoreGames

6. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I will come back later and edit this post to tell you about it.
    Have to go do some medical stuff. :)

7. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Hope you're doing great! ;)

Waiting for your opinion then.

Best,
    AdoreGames

8. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'm ok.
    I have some ongoing medical issues but it's all good for now. Thank you.

Ok.... It's a long one. But here you go. :)

Most free to play games are filled with consumable iep's. In order to keep playing without waiting for an energy bar to fill up, or getting new in game currency or gems, etc, the player needs to pay for a consumable iep, over and over again. Then there is also the nag screens. I don't mind it if there is an iap that is not consumable, that will get rid of the timers, ads, and limited play time.
    Worse, is that I always want to complete a level. So I always go back for all the gems, or better time, etc....which uses more of the energy or resources.
    Then, there's my foster kids. It's hard on them because they don't have the ability to keep continuously paying to play a game. And; if any of them were given a credit card or gift card, they spend $50.00 before they even realize it. (I have seen this happen a few times) I definitely prefer premium. Pay once, no surprise costs.
    I have seen a few freemium games that weren't so bad, but not many. I do understand that a dev has got to eat. But so do I. I am ok with paying a premium price.
    I believe giving players the opportunity to watch ads, by choice, to earn in game currency or energy works out fairly well. Although, for me, I start getting bored watching the same ad over and over. And those video ads on a timer, where you are forced to watch for 30 or more seconds in order to continue the game, drive me crazy! LOL! ( not a reflection of your game. I don't know what type you have yet)
    This is all my personal opinion. There are those that agree with me and those that don't. There are plenty of people that won't go near a freemium game and there are also those that only play freemium, wait for freebies and never make a purchase. Obviously, the only way to make money from the latter, is with freemium. I am in the group that pays for premium games and also pays for ad removal in the free ones.
    I would definitely rather pay a higher premium price for a game versus paying for consumable IEP's, watching non-closable ads, and waiting, waiting, waiting… to play again.
    As for receiving 'gifts' from friends (lives & boosters) I don't have any friends. Kidding! :)
    Actually, I don't normally play the same games at the same time as other people I know. We all have busy lives with children, medical, families, jobs....... So most people I know personally, will not see it as an advantage. Besides, I don't know how I feel about someone asking or begging me for something to further their game. I have to think about that. I'm sure most people don't think it's anything. I just haven't really thought about it too much.

I am in the U.S. so I don't have access to your game yet. If you would like for me to try it to test the ad system itself, send me a code. Don't take this as me asking or begging you for a code. I can wait for it. But, if you would like for me to try it now, I'll give it an honest hour of playtime and give you some feedback on it. You decide. Unless it' small ready released in the U.S. of course.

Either way, I wish you good luck with your game.

9. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Hi Lavender,

Thank you for your fair opinion. You've provided us with ample food for thoughts. We're now thinking of releasing the premium version of our app without IAPs and comparing them in the Store. We're aware that there is such a practice, so why not?:)

Here is a promocode for our app:

TR3PN9JTP7E6

Look forward to receiving your feedback! Hope you'll enjoy the game.

Best,
    AdoreGames

10. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I was able to redeem the code.
    I am surprised that no one stole or snagged it.

I believe one of the reasons some developers do not do both freemium & premium of their app in the App Store, is cost.
    And also; they can't 'gift' codes for the iap's, but... I believe this is changing soon. It will open up the ability for more promoting to be able to award the full version of their game to someone or to a reviewer.

I have a busy day. So I'll try to come back tomorrow with feedback.

Thanks for code.

11. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Hello, everyone

Just wanted to let you know that we've recently updated our app and made it available in the Canadian App Store to make some final tests during the soft-launch! You can read more about the update in our developer news blog here.

Besides, one more update is planned before full launch with portrait screen orientation.

12. AdoreGames

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Long time no speak!

We've been working on a portrait orientation of the game. And now we're ready to inform that it is available through Testflight. So, if you're intersted in testing it, we'll be happy to send you the invites. :)

Waiting for you feedback of course!:cool:

13. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Congrats, this game looks awesome !! I can't wait to test it !