Gamer survey: Will u share ur score in FB?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by weilies, Feb 1, 2012.

1. weilies

weilies Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Game Developer
    Planet Earth
    I saw many iphone games has the FB sharing feature once the gamer completed a level. But what wonder me is, how often u share ur them?

Well, me? Hardly I would say.
    Guys, hope to receive more comment from u guys since I am planning to delivery the next best game to the community :)

- Weilies

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    You could probably sucker me into doing it once if there were an achievement attached to it. But if I get asked everytime I play the game, I'd probably just delete it off my device. It's bad enough that every website I visit has Facebook/Twitter icons plastered all over the place (which is fine, since I'm not paying to use any of them). But if I pay for a game that's constantly begging me to spam people, I would probably just make a mental note to never purchase from that developer again.

3. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I don't share them at all. I found it pointless telling people who don't play the game that I got an achievement in it. In the same way, I see someone posting every little achievement for a game it doesn't really make me want to get it, it just mostly looks like spam on the news feed.

4. weilies

Feb 12, 2011
    Game Developer
    Planet Earth
    Thanks Ravenblack & Dazarath,

Reason why we (developer) would like to put in fb share feature, is hoping to get more eyeball from the public :)
    I am also studying how to make people feel comfortable to share (in win-win situation)

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't share at all unless there's some kind of a catch :p

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    To be perfectly honest, you're not really asking your target demographic by coming to this website.

Most of us here are more-advanced-than-average users that (for the most part) know the ways of the App Store and have a certain community here. I doubt many of us would share scores on Facebook or Twitter unless there was a catch - see Crazy Hedgy giving more gems at the end of a stage.

The more Facebook-oriented users wouldn't really visit this website as much, and they're the ones that are likely to share their scores. Coincidentally, their friends are also more likely to download a game their friends are playing.

To appease us here, don't make the "share" feature too prominent or necessary - add a little icon on the "your score" screen, but don't make a pop-up every time the screen appears. Pretty sure that way everybody will be happy.

(won't hurt to add a gimmick to sharing too. I mentioned Crazy Hedgy, but personally I thought their implementation was a bit over the top, even though there was a significant reward associated)

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #7 psj3809, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    Never

Can't stand it when I see stupid posts about people's scores on Facebook. It was even worse before when you had idiots addicted to FarmVille so you used to get updates from 'friends' on that

I never put in my Facebook or twitter details into any game

Companies are just using you for spamming. Not good

8. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I don't share my game achievements on Facebook, because nobody cares, and iOS saturation amongst my Facebook friends isn't deep enough to make it worthwhile.

I'll bend over backwards to support devs I'm a fan of. I love gifting apps. I'm big on word of mouth, Facebook liking & sharing, etc.

I don't do achievement sharing because I don't like seeing others do so. Zynga spam almost killed Facebook for me. Gotta minimize my hypocrisy.

9. weilies

Feb 12, 2011
    Game Developer
    Planet Earth
    K folks, i would like to giv a big thank you to u all!
    For sharing such a sincere feedback.

I would not prompt for enforced sharing. Mayb just a small Fb sharing sit at the corner :)
    As a developer, we do need Your support, either financially or building reputation

Money and fame, I would chose fame for my next game.
    I am here not to beg for a 'like' or 'follow'

Instead, I am hoping u guy can stick with me, continue give me comment on Wht I am going to put into my game.

I still believe to stand still in the competitive market, fun sharing is the key to success!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I feel Facebook is getting a bit 'old' for some of us, i think twitter nowadays is great for following the development of a game and getting news/screenshots etc. I follow quite a few different iOS companies on twitter