Best open sandbox game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxbro270, Aug 25, 2012.

1. laxbro270

laxbro270 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Whats the best open sandbox game

2. UnleashthePower

UnleashthePower Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #2 UnleashthePower, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    GTA III. It has a good story, gameplay, and fun city.

Edit: Oops I thought you meant like free roam I got mixed up.

3. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I dunno about sandbox(maybe WoG corp mode?), but try Perfect Cell by Mobigame. You won't be disappointed!

4. What is sandbox? How does it differ from game center? Why do beta software use sandbox? How can I keep logged into my regular game center account when I play sandbox games? Don't like having to relog in whenever I then play a regular game center game. Thanks.

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Junk Jack, hands down.
    And the devs bring us amazingly huge updates in short amounts of time. Really great.

"Sandbox" is a term to describe open-world games that let you go anywhere and do anything you want.

6. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Not sure, I like Brick-Force, you can do what ever you like on that. You can PVP, you can build, and it's free to play. It's on full release now, and the beta was key access only, until open beta came, when anyone could download and play on the client. I was in the Closed beta as well. It's an awesome game.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    But it's not for iOS yet :( Can't wait for it to be released. Loved the closed beta+lovin it now

8. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    For iOS? I'd say Junk Jack for its consistent amount of updates, and the amount of new things introduced with each update.

9. jcifrit

jcifrit Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    graduate student/researcher
    Ontario, Canada
    Going to agree with posts here and suggest Junk Jack

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Me too, Junk Jack is just the perfect sandbox. After the latest update you can do just about anything: build a house, farm, yarn or whatever you want. Breed animals and get them to reproduce. Build blocks to climb up to heaven or make a hole to reach hell (fig :)). You won't need any other sandbox game, with this one you'll be entertained for the rest of your life.

11. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hmmm... I've really only played two on iOS: Junk Jack and Eden.

Like everyone else, I will recommend JJ. It took me a while to get into it, but after I did I found the exploring/collecting/building element quite addicting.

I haven't played Minecraft Pocket, so I still stand by Eden. I like it in counterpoint to Junk Jack because you don't have to mine resources to create other resources - everything is there already. Though my guess would be that, ultimately, it is much more limited in scope compared to its inspiration: Minecraft. For example, no combat, day to night, far fewer block types etc.. But I already have Junk Jack for that :)

12. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
  13. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Junk Jack and Minecraft PE- I know its not complete but it's getting better every update.