Zeldigo™-The Legend of Zelda Audio Mod for Swordigo

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chimpman252, May 13, 2012.

1. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #1 chimpman252, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    INTRODUCTION
    Right off the bat, I want to assure people something that always seems to be the breaking point for mods, in that thankfully, NO JAILBREAK IS NECESSARY for this mod, so if you are like me and don't have a jailbroken device, do not worry. Now onto the mod. This mod changes almost every audio track in Swordigo (by Touch FOO) to match the corresponding track from the Legend of Zelda games, more specifically Ocarina of Time. Everything from the background music, to the sound of collecting rupees, even to the sound of the player's footsteps, has been changed. Seeing how closely Swordigo resebles the LOZ games, I figured it would be neat to see what the game would be like with LOZ audio. "Zeldigo" (as I'm calling it) is the result, and it turned out even better than I expected. The nice thing about this mod is that since it is only changing audio, you don't feel like you didn't play the game the way it was supposed to be played, it only feels like an enhancement to the experience. Additionally, it means you won't experience any mod-related glitches or other side effects found in some other mods. I want to let you know though, that since there are not that many background tracks in this game (only 4 to be exact), I had to compromise on which tracks from LOZ would best match all the environments they are linked to in Swordigo. For example, in the beginning, I wanted the music that plays from Kokiri Village from the beginning of LOZ:OoT to play as you walk out of your house and explore the first village. However, this is the same track used throughout almost all outdoor environments, so instead I used the music from when you are in Hyrule Fields. Having played a lot of LOZ: OoT, I think I did a great job matching up the tracks and all the sound effects, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

INSTALLATION
    1. First, click here to download the Zeldigo audio files
    2. Extract the zipped files somewhere on your computer where you will remember
    3. Open iExplorer or a similar program and find the folder for Swordigo, titled something like "com.touchfoo.swordigo". If you don't already have iExplorer, download it here
    4. In the Swordigo directory, open the folder "Swordigo.app", and then "Content"
    5. Drag the extracted Zeldigo audio files into this folder, and click OK on all the popups verifying that you want to replace the original files
    NOTE: If you ever want to go back to Swordigo's original audio, backup this folder on your computer, or if all else fails re-install the app and get your saves back from iCloud. But this mod is so awesome, I doubt you'll want to go back anyways XD
    6. That's it! Fire up Swordigo and reminisce your nostalgic Legend of Zelda memories all over again!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS MOD, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS OR IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS

EDIT 6/17/13:
    Sorry, but changes to iOS have removed the ability to change files like this without jailbreaking. Shame. Apologies for updating this post so late, the change has been made for a long time now.

2. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
    #2 chimpman252, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    Oh yeah and I forgot to add this, but I just want to say that I do not claim ownership to the Legend of Zelda soundtrack, game, logo, etc. or the Nintendo brand. Insert more legal stuff here.

3. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I will check this out. Thanks for doing this

4. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Tried it, works awesome! Fun mod, thanks!

5. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
    Glad to hear that it's working alright! I was worried that something might get messed up in the process of compression and uploading to 4shared, but it's great that it's working fine.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Worked for me, too. Thanks!

7. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
  8. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Would love to do this but I am totally not tech savvy. Do I download it on the computer that has iTunes on it? Please be patient with me :eek:

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yes on computer, no on iTunes. All you need is a computer application that allows you to view and edit the iPhone file system. The OP suggests iExplorer; I use PhoneView, which I find more user friendly (though it's not free). Basically, you connect the device to the computer, startup iExplorer, and follow the instructions in the OP.

10. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Thank you. A great idea. Ill give it a try. I hope you're not getting into any troubles. You know, copyrights...

11. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
    True, but I'm pretty sure iExplorer requires iTunes

12. chimpman252

May 8, 2012
    Yeah, I hope I'm not either XD But I doubt there will be any issues, the soundtrack is free to download and I'm not making any money off it, plus I've said that I don't claim ownership to any of the stuff so I think I'm good to go. Besides, this is just for fun.

13. R3born

R3born New Member

May 15, 2012
    Too easy

First of all, I must say this is an absolutely fabulous game on so many levels. Brought me back to the Zelda and metroid days....mmm...

Anyways, I must have figured out a glitch for the last boss because he was the easiest boss for me. All I did was
    sit in the left corner and wait for him to jump or run at me, then slash away with the fire trinket on the sword. I was barely hit at all...

Second to last boss took me a second to figure out what was going on, but all in all he was easy too.

It would have been nice to have the last boss (and really every boss) to have more and harder moves based on their health - lower hp = harder moves.

I feel bad that this was free because it is quite the gem. Looking forward to a possible sequel!