Universal DEMONS' SCORE - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Any tips on how to tackle hard mode?
    Because I am getting slaughtered!
    Do I have to grind up to max level first or do I have to buy IAP? Whats the secret here?

2. I ended up getting nearly to max level (likely thanks in part to playing Beelzebub's Track1) before going into Hard Mode. I posted what I used a page or two back, but in short I ended up using one of two IAP characters for their defense stats: Astaroth (who you can buy by now) and Dantalion (around mid-way through Hard Mode). IIRC, Eligos has the next best defense rating, but his Track1 has been a bit tricky for me.

If the tips are right (I'm too preoccupied during the stage to check), you lose HP for anything /but/ Critical hits in Hard Mode. My best suggestion may be to hit the triggers at all, to minimize damage. The worst for that has got to be the little energy balls that you have to tap out of the air (first seen in Asmodeus's Track2); still haven't worked out a pattern on them.

Too bad that DS doesn't have a recap of the moments before you died, unlike iNiS's previous Elite Beat Agents. In that title, though, it came down to me becoming proficient in whatever segments I got up to, progressively becoming reflexive until I manage to clear the song. Unfortunately, that means not becoming too good at the very end of any song. Makes me long for Guitar Hero's practice modes or somesuch.

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Ok thanks for the tips. So basically my best bet is to grind some more until I hit max HP and then use Astaroth on hard mode and until know her track inside out?

4. Well, I wasn't at max level, but if you're having trouble with whichever character's Track1 (Lilith's Hard one will take some dedication from me), you can play a stage's Track1 as your preferred character (I find Setenity's easy enough), then exit out before/die on Track2 to then return to the character selection screen to use someone with better defense.

As with defense, EXP gain is better with certain characters, and I was fortunate to enjoy Beelzebub's Track1, since she's just about under Lilith as the best EXP character.

Perhaps the best thing you can do is grind on whichever demon's Tracks you're getting stuck on. That way, you can get familiar with their music and the particular beats for their performances (such as the downward strokes late in Berith and Astaroth's Track2s).

5. firehawk12

firehawk12 New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I've been trying to find information on this but I can't find it. Is it posted somewhere in their forums?

6. "Plus, all the DEMONS' SCORE pacts prices stay low after the sale period, talk about a warm reception!"
    http://na.square-enix.com/go/article/view/blog/261323/square_enix_winter_of_mobile_sale

Oddly enough, the app's price hasn't kicked back up. If it stays at 99¢, that combined with the restorable IAPs would put the full game at price parity with the recent Android release (actually, some cents cheaper).

7. firehawk12

firehawk12 New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Ah, I see that now. Yeah, maybe that's why they've kept the prices low at least!

8. Aw, no such luck on 99¢, but it is a couple bucks cheaper than it was!

9. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    The iaps are permanently discounted?

10. Yep; you can see for yourself, on the Top In-App Purchases section of the App Store page. All together, game+non-disposable IAP comes to $22.90 (right?).

11. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #151 italodance, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    ok ok price looks better now just need your suggestion hows the game? and what about iphone 5? as it said This app is optimized for iPhone 5? really?

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking at the screenshots on the appstore, they do look like widescreen enough to be iphone5 optimized.

Also, in the version history, v1.0.1 added iphone 5 support.

As for the price of everything, this game is a total premium and one of the best iOS games Square Enix gave us. Just know that it's a rhythm game, similar to Ouendan (Elite Beat Agent) titles, and the game has very nice presentation in terms of graphics, sounds and story.

I want to add that the game is better played on ipads because of the nature of the controls, but i have enjoyed it on the 4S (thumbs suffice and actually play well, except for the rapid-tap parts) as much as i did on the ipad3 and minipad.

Also, it has iCloud saving, and your purchases here are all permanent, and everything can be restored, so having the game in multiple idevices isnt a hassle, as i've done it with 3 ithings.

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    ^^^^ Glad to know the iCloud restore works. Will love to replay many levels on an iPad one day. This is a superb game

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As far as icloud storage is concerned, this is one of the VERY FEW that does it flawlessly.

15. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #155 Capricornman, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    Excellent! It's amazing it's flawless. Very good coding I guess. Come on iPad 5

16. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #156 italodance, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    ok ok ok i purchased the game yesterday,i wanna say it wasnt so good but acceptable. well first of all,only the gameplay was optimized for iPhone 5 Screen and the menu and movies not anymore (WHY? WTF !!!!) cause Square Enix already said this app is optimized for iPhone 5!!! i disappointed ok move on second of all i really dislike the controls and gameplay,guys its really a TAP TAP game,i even cant see the background and story of game when im playing and taping on the screen,Square Enix could make the taps on the left and right side of screen and was not necessary to use whole screen...
    and my good point is only for story,THE GIRL (she's pretty lol),sound and unreal engine 3 graphic

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Er... Controls and gameplay? Didnt you know that this was a rhythm game? :D

Did you think this was an RPG or an adventure game? Im sorry, but i really find that hilarious :D:D:D

18. italodance

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    yeah you right and i agree but for god's sake can u see whats on the background?

anyway its ok but they must fix optimized problem on iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.4

i already send an email and waiting for their response or new update :p

19. The major "story" parts of any stage are either free of taps or very lean on them (akin to QTEs from modern games). Otherwise, it's mostly the characters flipping around, doing battle. Wish my fingers were less in the way during boss finishers, but what can ya do?

Wonder how this'd look output through an HDMI adapter...

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You wont have time to look at your HDMI TV. :D