Win $25 iTunes Gift Card for Free Game Review! 3 Days Only! - Dragon Squad Story

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by BlimpsApps, Oct 31, 2013.

1. BlimpsApps

BlimpsApps Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Developer
    California, USA
    User forfun won this contest! Thanks to everyone for participating :)

2. forfun

forfun Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    GC received and successfully redeemed. Thanks to the developers for a wonderful contest!

3. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Congrats Forfun.

4. forfun

forfun Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    thanks bhavukjain1

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Now that the contest is over I feel safe being honest.

This is one of the worst "games" Ives ever played.
    Surely you can't expect us to simply tap the screen for hours while NOTHING HAPPENS? Right?
    Ohh yeah...guess you can.

6. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    So WTF is up with this? I got down to like 70k HP left on the castle and it jumps up over 1 million again??? WTF

7. forfun

forfun Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    that's your opinion - send it to the App Store, what are the problems?

8. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Lol
    Worst game ever
    I can't believe you tapped your screen long enough to get to 70k.

Spoiler, inside the castle is an In App Purchase

9. Stayfitla

Stayfitla Active Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Student
    Phoenix, AZ
    #29 Stayfitla, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    I enjoyed it... until getting down to 70k hp on the castle. You start attacking a castle with one million hp and then you can buy dragons and upgrade them to attack the castle which earn you gold via an IAP $1.99 which I bought, cuz its like $1.99 and while it is real money it makes sense so i'm not sitting there tapping for however many hours you'd have to tap to get upgrades. So yah, you can sit there tapping forever, but ya know, use money to buy time so to speak. There are also magic spells, but they cost real money to use and they're consumable which is a "No-no" in my IAP book.

If you've ever played an "idle" game online, its about the same premise. You can "play" while you're away living your life pretending you're accomplishing something by letting the video game play itself in your pocket or on a table (leave it on a charger).

As Zaraf said, you get the castle down to 70k hp and then all of a sudden the castle gets 1.5 million hp again (and i'm sure this happened a few times while i was away), thereby wasting even more time than you've put into the game and basically turning your "I know i'm wasting time, but i'm having fun " into "Can't believe i just wasted all that time and $2". It also causes a graphical glitch which the castle, so even if there was something interesting that was supposed to happen at 70k hp, you can't tell.

I rated it 2.5 stars on the appstore. Not the worst game out there, but buggy enough to kill the earlier enjoyment it gave.

10. BlimpsApps

BlimpsApps Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Developer
    California, USA
    #30 BlimpsApps, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    Hello guys, I'm looking into this issue and I'll upload an update to fix the problem. It's mainly the auto-repair rate which was supposed to provide a challenge to player, to up the stakes so to speak - as they get closer to the end the action was supposed to intensify, but apparently it repairs too quickly, especially if the player leaves the phone and relies solely on the dragon attacks.

I will either reduce or completely remove the repair rate either way. Thank you for your patience!

Edit: I did confirm an issue with the game at 75,000hp for some players. I will fix this in an update ASAP plus some new, non-in app content based on the community's feedback! Thank you to everyone who downloaded and I apologize to anyone affected by the negative issues. It was definitely not intentional.

Edit: I have submitted a new, fixed version 1.01 for this app.

11. raman0890

raman0890 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Reviewed 5 stars on US app store as Ramandeep Singh

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Are you sure that was a "bug", or a clever design to keep people needing to spend real money?

13. BlimpsApps

BlimpsApps Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Developer
    California, USA
    Yes it was a bug, I fixed it very quickly because I know I'm gonna drown in bad reviews if it doesn't get fixed. I plan to design apps (this is my first) for a long time.

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Well I wish you nothing but luck. Sorry if I sound harsh, but the App Stores too overcrowded to sugar-coat things.

A piece of unsolicited advice for your future projects:
    a very small percentage of players are going to stick around doing something as monotonous as tapping a screen repeatedly with no pay-off for an hour.

15. BlimpsApps

BlimpsApps Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Developer
    California, USA
    I appreciate the input! And again I apologize to anyone who played the game and were affected by the issues.