Sims 3: Want to buy, but have a few questions.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iDanielD, Jul 4, 2009.

1. iDanielD

iDanielD New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Hey everyone, I played the original Sim Series religiously and I want to give the Sims 3 a try. I have 11.80 on iTunes, and I want to make sure this is worth it. Does anyone anticipate a sale soon?

1. How big do the homes get and what can I customize within them? How do they get bigger?

2. What are the jobs and how much can I climb the job ladder?

3. Are there places to go within the city?

4. Are crashing problems bad on the iPhone 3GS?

5. Is it worth the 10 bucks?

Thanks a lot guys. Happy 4th!

2. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    1. I think you can upgrade the house three times, it gets bigger every time. There will be a lot to place stuff around... just buy a whole lot and see ;)

2. Three jobs I think, you can climb the ladder (4 promotions from each??) and you can die from a job.

3. A lot of places to go but it's a small town. Four shops, a park, and a bunch of homes to visit.

4. No clue (1G iphone)

5. Yes, and I hope there will be an in-app purchases for us to have in the future. Bigger place and more to do (the beach)? Depends on what you want. This game has a lot of replayability 73 goals. If you want, wait for a sale to $6.99/$5.99. It will get a sale soon.

3. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I have it since the first day and is more than 2 weeks that I donĀ“t play with it. The game is nice but my opinion is that there is not that much fun things to do. You can upgrade the house but with just paying for it to get bigger and you can buy tables, chairs, beds... The jobs are very simple, just go there at time and inmediately you are out with money.

If you love a lot the Sims game you will like it but from a neutral position wait for a 4$ sale or less. Sure others will think different but I was dissapointed with the fun factor after 4 or 5 days playing. Keep in mind that is a very simple Sims game, nothing like Sims 1, 2 or 3

4. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Its a good game but gets boring fast and is not worth ten bucks I would get rolando two or doom ressurection or get a couple with the ten bucks like galxy on fire and f.a.s.t. You can get alot of better games that are a cuple bucks each than wasting ten bucks on one game. But I have jailbroken itouch so I wouldn't know that it matters to me.

5. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    If you really liked Sims, get the PC/Mac version. iPhone version is really scaled down, just something you would waste your time when you're on the go.. The only thing visual about the game is houses/park. I hate how the town map is implemented and the use of a stick man to navigate around town.. The four shops in town are simply "list browsing" shops rather than one that you can visit visually.

6. puttera21

puttera21 Member

May 17, 2009
    I completely agree. The iPhone version is just a duller version of th every fun game on the pc. If you want the sims 3, buy it for your pc.

7. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    This game is worth $5. It seems as just a promotion for the PC/MAC game.