Ravensword 2 vs Aralon HD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hambo12, Dec 25, 2012.

?

Aralon or Ravensword?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2013.
  1. Aralon: Sword and Shadows HD

22.7%
  2. Ravensword 2: Shadowlands

77.3%
  1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #1 Hambo12, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    Pick yours right now. Every week i will do a new one and you guys will choose :)

Aralon is old but still it had 4.5 stars and over 3000 review. $6.99

Ravensword is new and only has 3.5? Why? And not a lot of reviews, $6.99

2. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    what a pointless poll. zz Aralon although impressive for its time is such a souless and shallow game with no lore,plot,chars etc . If it wasn't on a mobile device(it's only selling point)...you would have to pay me to play it.

3. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    And what's your opinion on ravensword ?

4. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    ^same thing

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This truly is a pointless thread.

Why RS only has 3.5 stars? Did you even read reviews? Half of them give the game 1 star because it crashes or doesent run on the old device (3Gs or iPod 4), although the dev clearly wrote in the description that it doesent run on those devices.

6. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    why do they buy if they know that the device isnt supported. and this thread is pointles isnt it. just like that Minigore 2 Help Thread.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    All people don't read the app description especially when the screenshots are that awesome. Many literally insta-buy the app without looking trough reviews and such.

8. mandrilo

mandrilo Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    aralon vs ravensword 2

Dunno if its a pointless thread....i found it fun!
    Even the two of them are great i found Ravensword better! Why? Imprved graphics via Unity Engine and more important....i do find a simple but engaging story that keeps me trapped....on Aralon, even if i really wanted to....it didnt happen. Some things got simplified a bit, like teleporting to early visited locations....that is usefull for buying stuff, improve your character stats and so on....For me, Ravensword deserves 5 stars even with litlle bugs that crescent moon is constantly improving. Game of the year along with Horn or Lili...
    Cheers and Merry Christmas
    Mandrilo

9. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    but aralon you can choose a girl or guy with multiple classes

10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Ravensword is a lot of fun!

11. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    I preferred ravensword 2 in a lot of ways. For I thing, you weren't restricted to the items of your class. You could be a jack of all trades. Suddenly decide you want to be an archer? No problem, buy a bow, train and your on your way. Also, I found combat tons better and Ragdoll physics made it seem more realistic. I also love the realism of archery in ravensword 2 while in aralon you just auto-targeted the enemy.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The two games are meant to be different in that way. For all the comparisons to Skyrim, Ravensword is closer to Legend of Zelda (the early, more combat-oriented ones), more focused on action and story than loot and character customization. If you play the game the right way, it can even get a bit Dark-Soul like (suffice it to say that those complaining that the combat is button-mashy made their characters that way -- hint, put points into Tactics, instead of Melee). Aralon is much more of a traditional Western RPG, almost like a single-player WoW.

Personally I prefer Ravensword, but that's a matter of individual taste.

13. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I'm not sure, but right now I prefer aralon. It gives me a sense of direction, you know? Tells me where to go, unlike in ravensword 2.