Aqua Forest: How Not To Update An App

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by russiaone, May 8, 2009.

1. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Seriously! The new more "stable" update seems to have made the game even more of an unplayable mess than before. I say we should petition to have Hudson banned from updating any apps ever again. Never made a thread before. But I just can't stand how you wait so many months to update an app that BADLY needs one.

But when you DO update it, it's terribly horrible!

End rant!:mad:

2. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    wow I forgot I even OWNED the game!! Seriously apple needs an efficiant way for us to keep track of the apps we have purchased in the past. It's not realistic to browse through our purchased apps history and I've been trying to see which apps I have bought in the past by typing in the name in the search feature through my gmail to see what apps own. I wish i thought of this sooner though, I already deleted my old receipts :(

3. CP1789

CP1789 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    #3 CP1789, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    i couldnt agree more, but ur a bit to harsh about them getting banned

my biggest complaint is the graphics they used to be nice and very detailed now they are not as good are are the elements are more like blobs of color.

Btw Kita you can go her to look up the update history of Aqua forest http://appshopper.com/games/aqua-forest-powered-by-octaveengine-casual
    it did not record the latest update

4. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    What did the update do to make the game worse? Is there less levels or something?

5. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    The update was supposed to improve performance. It doesn't. It performs worse.

6. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Thanks for the heads up russiaone. I was just about to update this, but maybe I'll hold off for now. I haven't played in a while, but it is a pretty good game.

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I reallu like this game, just as a time waster. The puzzles are pretty fun too. Picked it up for free, one of the best free games I have gotten.

8. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    There was a far superior version of this for jailbroken phones/touch called RFG Evolution... I may have gotten those first initials wrong. But it wasn't as graphically intense. Gameplay rules in this situation, however.

9. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    The purchase history would work except it keeps track of updates too and iTunes isn't that fast. We need a DL history at least likenin the 360's.

10. mactds

mactds Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    LA
    I actually love the update, finally I can add a bunch of different type of things, and it doesn't become a bunch of choppiness. Also like the titles of each of the elements. Oh well, to each their own.

11. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I thought your rant was funny.

I guess I should just be happy I never bought said software - being happy.

12. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    WTF? There already is a way -- it's called iTunes. Y'know, down the side there, where it says Applications... that's where the apps you buy are kept... :rolleyes:

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I won't be bothering with this piece of garbage app update either.
    Even if it works, and it doesn't sound like it has improved the game at all, the actual thread should be called:
    Aqua Forest: How not to make an app
    It's always been extremely choppy and hence unplayable

Now it leads me to an interesting question...
    Which is worse, Aqua Forest or Watchmen.....interesting indeed. ;)
    At least AF I got for free...that's about the only positive for AF!

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I thought the music was good too
    relaxing

15. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Man I paid $8 for that crap, but @ the time I guess it was considered worth it, looking back on it..... Not so much.... :(

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yeah, at the beginning of the App Store, there really wasn't much to choose from and none of us had any idea the pricing would change so quickly as would the games come out this quickly.

I guess in retrospect, every console's first few games are "groundbreaking" but a few months later, when the real good stuff comes out, you look back and think "what kind of crap was that".

17. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I got this game for free (probably would think differently if I paid $10), but I liked it, within its limitations. I finished all the levels, and it's just a fun toy now.

It's had two updates since launch. The first update made everything look more blobbish, but ran slightly smoother. This update sits in between - slightly less blobbish, but definitely runs better (I'm comparing it with my iPod touch first gen, which I haven't updated yet). It runs with more stuff on screen before it begins to get choppy.

I like it.