Crusade of destiny - good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Nov 22, 2009.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey there . I am looking for a fame like ravensword. Someone told me crusade of destiny is similar to it. Is this a good game?

2. jsappsinc

jsappsinc Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    hey

I own both ravensword and crusade of destiny, and I have to say I love ravensword alot better. Just pay a dollar extra. Ravensword has better graphics, controls monsters and more. You wont regret buying ravensword, they will also be updateing it with online play and more places to fight.
    Hope this helps. Go to youtube and look up some gameplay videos.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    no comp, ravensword blows that inferior game out of the sky.

4. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    if you think crappy graphic horrible control is good then choose crusade of destiny. if you want a beautiful graphic, good control, much better in every way, choose raven sword. now don't start with me about crusade of destiny being made by one person. so did ravensword by a man named russ. CM is just helping him. like an assistance. NO OFFENSE MAN

5. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Ravensword is undoubtedly better in every aspect, unless you want more RPG elements and would sacrifice everything else (better graphics, controls etc.)

6. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    As good as Ravensword is, its missing a lot of things. Everybody goes on about the graphics being so great but thats not really important. Apparently Ravenswords story can be done within 6 hours, with a side quests still left to do. But CoD says it contains over 40 hours gameplay. But rest assured if you have ever played a console RPG, none of these will impress you, but yeah Ravensword is better but still CoD has more RPG elements and feels more like a hardcore RPG game.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I guess this is true since ravensword honestly is very short
    and is almost completely undriven by stats like normal RPGs. There
    are only two armor types and 6-7 weapons to choose from and none of them offer any description of what they do or how much attack it gives. Meh, its still a pretty amazing game, what more can you really ask for, for now.

8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Remember, you're comparing quite different games right here. Ravensword, as Josh mentioned, is more of an 3d adventure game w/ RPG elements while Crusade of Destiny seems to be a 3d action RPG. And yes, that is one of my only complaints about Ravensword. Although I love the exploration and everything, I do wish it were more RPG-oriented, with more weapons to collect, with different stats and specials, along with your own skill tree.

9. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    more people should of worked on crusade of destiny. it had a good concept

10. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Crusade of Destiny was pretty good, while Ravensword is better.
    But, this is comparing Tomatoes to Potatoes. While they sound the same, they're really different... :D
    Crusade takes more grinding, but it's a hard core RPG.
    Ravensword is a more high quality game, but you get done quicker and it isn't as much of an RPG. Ravensword is a funner, but shorter experience.
    Hope that helps.

11. iLoveMyXbox

iLoveMyXbox Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Crusade of Destiny is better

Ravensword is way too short, who cares if it looks better. CoD is way more fun and feels more like a true rpg with way more stuff to do. Ravesword does have more realistic graphics but I'm more impressed with gameplay and ravensword just seems to lack in real RPG elements. I have an ipod touch 2g and i own both games. The controls for both games are about the same to me. I agree with kingkong120 they are 2 different types of games but I prefer CoD, it reminds me of WoW.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I liked Ravensword a lot and actually beat it. I usually don't beat most games even on the iPhone. With that said, CoD is very nice too and I enjoy it. Both games are good and have a lot of character.

13. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #13 CandyNJ66, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    Crusade of Destiny is a RPG and is not a hybrid action adventure/rpg like Ravensword is. Both games are very good. I love Ravensword, wish it had more RPG elements but still very enjoyable.

Crusade has those RPG elements I love, you can choose how to distribute your skill points, you have skills, spells etc. Btw, after the newest update 1.2, the game has improved. Set your control sensitivity up to max! It def helps a lot.

Both are good games so why not get both? :)

Edit: From the developer, "Coming soon in the next update:
    New Ability - Swimming! (See Bonus Video)
    New Ability - Fishing!
    New Town and New Quest!
    Multiple Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Polish"

Woot! Updates sound great!