Cannon Cadets by XMG Studios (Submitted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appency, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appency

Appency Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    CEO - Appency iPhone Marketing
    California
    #1 Appency, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Its finally here! The long awaited launch of Cannon Cadets is less than a month away! We are proud to give Touch Arcade members the first look at this awesome game!

In the new app, you are Rocketboy, who must save your team of Cannon Cadets from the grasp of Gordo, an evil genius lab monkey and his army of robots, determined to eradicate the universe of all that is fun. Gordo grew up in a mind altering test lab and developed a real hate for all the cheerful happy people playing outside. All the experiments left him an evil genius with an antenna with which he controls his evil robot army. The Cannon Cadets must stop Gordo and his robot army from destroying the universe!

Shoot your Cadet at the robots, trying to knock them out while dealing with complex structures that follow advanced physics rules including rolls, slides and hinges! Each level is a new challenge, from basic structures to complex Rube Goldberg-esk machines that will test the skills of even the bravest cadet.

As you play, rescue your Cannon Cadet team and add them to your arsenal and gain special powers like "Octopus Rain" , "Rocketgirl Burst" and more!

To be one of the first to be notified on release (and a few pre-release codes will be given out....) follow XMG Studio on Facebook here!

More info to come soon...

Save the Cadets.... Save the Universe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Looks awesome! Looking forward to it.

3. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Just so you know, the award winning graphics designer of Little Metal Ball Gold was the lead designer on this game, so its shaping up to be pretty spectacular!

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Kill da baaad woahbots! ;)

5. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Robots are Evil !

[​IMG]

Please note... Evil Kitteh iz not a Cat-rature in Cannon Cadets...

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nice MadCat, but I was thinking of this:

7. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Well, there should be plenty of Bad Robots to kill... were shooting for 100 levels on launch!

8. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Difference between this and angry birds?

9. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    #9 Appency, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    Pigs don't need to be oiled.....

But no really.... a few things:

1. Hinge Physics - through the use of a new physics engine, we have created a full set of hinge physics effects, where the connections between two items effects how they move around a hinge point

2. Moving enemies that can be attacked for additional bonuses and secret levels

3. "Boss Levels" where not only do you have to beat the robots, but you have to free one of your Cannon Cadet team members as well, adding their special abilities to your arsenal

and the coolest thing of all... (not sure if I'm even allowed to say this but what the heck...)

A FULL FLEDGED LEVEL EDITOR WITH SOCIAL SHARING SO OTHERS CAN PLAY THE LEVELS YOU CREATE!

10. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Will there be an iPad version of this game ? The graphics look fantastic, and I'd love to play this hi-res on the iPad screen!

11. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    An iPad version will be coming down the road, but not at the initial launch. As for when the iPhone version comes out - all we can say is "soon", being that Apple controls all!

12. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Can't wait for this to release, I just finished 3 starring all of angry birds and now I am in need of something similar. This def looks to fit the bill. You say soon, and something about apple ruling all.......soooo does that mean your awaiting approval?

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Great looking game. The monkey is clearly a tribute to the PowerPuff Girls.

14. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Also, do you have a price point yet?

15. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    Well, its something we are debating internally. So tell me.. assuming the app is high quality, has 80 levels, a level builder and more... what would you pay for a game like this?

16. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Well honestly, I'm going to use Angry Birds as an example. At $0.99 they started with 63 levels and since then have added around 100 levels as well as new birds and achievements. So if you guys are coming in to the genre at 80 levels, achievements?(I hope) as well as you having a level builder for "unlimited" user content(I hope that doesn't negate fresh dev content as well in updates). I would spend at most $2.99 but more likely would be easier swayed at $1.99. I'm not trying to sound cheap but appstore top sales always dictate $0.99-$1.99 is best price point for a top 50 staying game. To sum it up my criteria would be

1. Solid Gameplay
    2. A lot of levels
    3. Achievements and Scoreboards
    4. Updates with new content at no(preferred) or little cost
    5. A good price point

17. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    One of the things we hope to do is integrate the best user created levels into the game, but yes, we will continue to add new XMG Studio content as well.

Thank you for the feedback - we appreciate it. Do you have a favorite XMG Game hbernritter? Ill send you a copy.

18. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I've been playing the lite version of little metal ball and having a lot of fun with it and wouldn't say no to a full version of it. :D

19. Appency

Oct 16, 2009
    California
    iPhone or iPad version?

20. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Definitely iphone, sadly no ipad for me yet