so, Im in the market for a new ipod...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brickman100, Jan 28, 2011.

1. brickman100

brickman100 New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    so, the thing is someone stole my ipod touch (2nd gen) just before Christmas, and I have just saved up enough to buy a new one.
    So my question to the Touch arcade community is this. Should I buy a 4th gen device or hold out till 5th gen which, may or not be a noticeable upgrade?:confused:

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well, the question is, can you wait untill september?
    If you can, wait.
    If you can't, don't.

Also, untill now all upgrades had noticeable changes (2.nd to 3.rd gen touch may not have brought alot of new features, but the power increase was noticeable!)

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I agree, i have a 3rd gen. itouch was going to purchase a 4th gen. but decided to wait for the 5th gen. if you can wait (WAIT) but if $$$$$ no problem & your impatient then buy one now. you can also trade it in toward the purchase of the 5th gen.

4. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Get someone's used second gen for now and then upgrade in September. A second gen touch without serious flaws will run you about $60, and you'll have saved that by September. Having an iPod for ~7-8 months is probably worth the money.