How to find good PR and marketing company, that works at App Store?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by KZU, Apr 8, 2012.

1. KZU

KZU Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Hello, guys. Could you advice how to find good PR and marketing companies working at App Store, which got expirience getting applications to US Top.
    If you have some contacts or names I will really appriciate it:)
    Thanks in advance.

2. duncan_m

duncan_m New Member

Apr 11, 2012
    App Marketing

Hi,

I'm not sure how you've got on with your search but I'd be happy to spend 10-15mins on skype with some advice/suggestions.

Best,
    Duncan

3. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    Just and idea but you may also consider working with a publisher as they will take care of those for you...

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I've heard it costs 50k + to get your app on featured list ( illegimately)
    They usually pick games they think will make the most money to place on featured, but occasionally they'll receive an offer, and if the price is right, feature that game or put on staff favorites,

5. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    Uh.. ok. So I'm assuming by "they" that you're referring to Apple and that Apple is taking bribes/illegitimate payments of $50,000+ to spotlight games in the app store.

If they're going to go do something shady (ex. collaborate with publishers to control e-book prices) then they're going to do it for the big money and hope to keep a lid on it (fail). They're not going to risk their rep on the app store for 50k+ to a slew of different developers/publishers. That'd simply be impossible to keep under wraps.

DP

6. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Please speak in English.