iPhone The Reaper - A Puzzle Macabre

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by EsbenTheReaper, Feb 27, 2014.

1. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    The Reaper - A Puzzle Macabre:
    [hqyoutube]McPrZRfBnZc[/hqyoutube]

Follow at https://www.facebook.com/thereaperiscoming

Or here!

We'll share the development as much as possible in both places, because we will listen to all of you guys and what you think of a product such as this, AND make us make a better final game in the end. (fingers crossed!)

Shoot, please, if you feel like it. We can handle it!

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am in absolute love with this game! Had everyone laughing when he was 'belly' flopping/dancing in front of other characters.

An out of shape dancing reaper? Hilarious!

How far out before you release it?
    If you beta test, be sure to think of me.

Very creative. It was almost like all the individual pieces would not fit , together, but then, somehow it did.

Very nice.

3. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    Thank, you! Thank you!

We aim to beta test within the 2-3 month! So you generous offer is noted (with delight!), thanks!

I can't say for sure when we are out, but maybe not until early 2015 to be honest.

This line of yours made my day "It was almost like all the individual pieces would not fit , together, but then, somehow it did."

Very glad you liked it!

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This is so awesome, that I cant even describe how awesome it is.

Humor + puzzles + killing people in hilarious ways? Yes, please!

I hope this is the actual movement animation for the reaper in the game and not just for the trailer.

5. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    Very glad, you like it!

It's ALL in-game footage, all we did here, was adding real sound, which we hadn't implemented at the time, when the footage was taken (we are adding it now btw).

"Humor + puzzles + killing people in hilarious ways?" THAT is it! (And there'll even be a macabre love story with Death's everlasting love The Maiden for all the hardcore puzzlers!

This is how we develop the dance moves (bare in mind, that the game were called Let's Dance until recently):
    [hqyoutube]SUHyTlTEDEQ[/hqyoutube]

Any dance moves you want us to implement? Then feel free to post video of them, at we'll see, what we can do!

Thank you for responding in this way! We can run on it for ages!

6. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    The Logo - just so you know

[​IMG]

7. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
  8. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
  9. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    H. R. Giger inspired Maiden Tapestry...

Here's artwork for the skybox/tapestry in all of the optional hardcore challenges in the game, which are "hosted" by The Maiden - the eternal love of Death. And we added a logo just for the promotional heck of it:
    [​IMG]

10. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
  11. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    So the tutorial thing was a little strange. But... the puzzle atmosphere of the game while the character was dancing was quite nice.
    Now I've had a taste and I want more! :)

12. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    Support Death with a t-shirt!

[​IMG]
    Hi guys

We launched a small t-shirt campaign as part of financing this game. It's sort of a prelude/practice to a later Kickstarter campaign, but the t-shirt is nice none the less.

If you like it, feel free to buy one here and even make a donation if you are that into it:

https://teesmile.com/TheReaperIsComing

The t-shirt itself is non-profit for us, because we basically just find it cool if someone wants to wear it!

Enjoy!

13. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    So sorry, Lavender, for never getting back to you on this (till now), but it's very nice, that we at least didn't scare you off with the test! It was definitely very raw and that was weird for sure.

We are looking forward to do some beta'ish testing soon on iPad.

14. snowblzr

snowblzr Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2014
    I don't have an iPad right now, should be getting one in a month... I should be able to beta test in a month, though!

15. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    Testers of Death! 21 full levels, story & tutorial...

[​IMG]

Dear toucharcader

We've been working really hard to make a full demo experience of The Reaper - A Puzzle Macabre, and now we got it.

BUT it's still raw and we now want to do some very thorough testing to make sure our remaining efforts will be effective in creating the game you want to play.

If you want to experience your world as The Dancing Death in a shadow/adventure/death puzzler with original interactive dance music and a gameplay that haven't seen the light of day before,

PLEASE, SIGN UP FOR THE TEST THROUGH THIS QUESTIONAIRE:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GzFvhVyGBFjN2JNkDdT5S1eWKzQbzCfdzEqLPDtX2FI/viewform

What is this?
    If you're in doubt as to how this game looks and works, check out the good old trailer and see how you are supposed to manipulate shadows in order to dance around and solve the death adventure puzzles:

No matter what, then thank you for checking out this update!

On behalf of the team

Esben Kjær Ravn, Game Designer - The Reaper - A Puzzle Macabre

16. EsbenTheReaper

Feb 27, 2014
    Game producer
    Denmark
    First screen of Test!

[​IMG]

If you signed up for our big test, then this is the 1st screen, you'll see. Please, check your mail, you should have received an email, that allows you to register your iPad through Testflight.

If you still want to sign up for the test, please do it HERE: goo.gl/Wmg3lo