Movies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Brazilian Rider, May 17, 2010.

1. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Saw Source Code last night starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Had no idea what this film was about, and had no expectations for it, but was absolutely blown away by the end. Highly recommended!

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Definitely one I'd recommend seeing too. Great thriller.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I saw these movies in the past week or so!
    gridiron gang
    Music & lyrics
    2 days in newyork
    punch-drunk love
    face/off
    premium rush
    the watch

Loved them all :)

going to watch coach coaster, seeking a friend for the end of the world, four weddings & a funeral, the campaign & a lot more to come!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, pretty good movie.

I saw All The President's Men the other night. Pretty interesting.

5. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Hey dr. frankenstein did you ever see frankenweenie? i saw it in 3-d it was superb

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    No, not yet! I want to though, maybe I'll rent it when it hits Redbox.

In other news, I just saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Hilarious.

7. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    None
    Zombieland, USA
    Gangster Squad. Cannot wait for this.
    I've always loved period movies and I have always been into gangsters, particularly 40s West Coast, so this was ideal for me.
    It stars a boatload of amazing actors. Nick Nolte, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, the list goes on. Emma Stone is in it as well, and I've been a huge fan of hers since 'Zombieland'. All the movies I have seen with her in it have been excellent, so I believe this one will be too. She seems to have a knack for choosing great movies to be a part of. Ruben Fleischer is also directing it, which is awesome. Again, I have liked him since Zombieland as well. Zombieland was alright, then he directed 30 Minutes or Less, and I really enjoyed the cinematography. So I'm sure Gangster Squad will be great too.
    Ryan Gosling is in it as well. I'm not a huge fan of him. He always acts 'too cool' in the movies I have seen. 'Stupid, Crazy, Love' was funny, but the only part I liked him in was at the end. That was the only part he seemed to loosen up at. I attempted to watch 'Drive'. The beginning was freaking amazing, but my excitement kind of died as the movie went on.
    Usually if I have interest in a movie and I haven't seen some actors, I'll watch some of their movies to get a feel for them. I've seen tons of Sean Pen, Nick Nolte, Josh Brolin, and Emma Stone films so I felt like I know them (metaphorically, of course). But Ryan Gosling, not so much. I'm not a big fan of him, unless he drops his 'too cool' act he seems to fit in.

But my top five favorite actors (in order) would include: 1. Emma Stone 2. Jesse Eisenberg 3. Ryan Reynolds 4. Clint Eastwood 5. Harrison Ford

Top five movies (in order): 1. Zombieland (I live by the rules) 2. Transformers (the first one) 3. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy 4. Top Gun 5. Scarface

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yup, Gangster Squad looks good. I'm in love with Emma Stone, too.:p

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Just saw Safe starring Jason Statham. Pretty good action flick. Not the most brilliant film in cinematic history, but entertaining.

10. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has noticed this (and not sure if this occurs in other threads), but in the Lounge forum, it says this thread has 2257 replies, yet when I click the topic, it says that ninjackid's post was #2253. Anyone experiencing this? :confused:

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    yes, it is common through out the forums...

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just watched the thirteenth floor and can't believe I'd never heard of it before, the ideas are very matrix like so I don't know how I missed it.

Great film I wasn't expecting it to be.

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Saw that. This actually looks good, and I'm not even a Superman fan. I've always him as too generic of a superhero.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  15. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    wow that superman story seems... darker than usual... o_0

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    LOL xD

18. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    lol , epic comment is epic XD

good job bruce !!

19. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Saw Saving Private Ryan yesterday. The beginning and ending battle scenes were epic. Overall, a great film.