zombie fps? do you want more of these games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xdanleex, Dec 1, 2009.

?

Do you want more zombie fps?

1. Na... we got enough...

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. i dunno... (scratches head)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. YES IT IS AWESOME TO HAVE MORE FPS

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. ROOOOOAAAARRRRRR

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    im really curious if you guys want more fps zombie... just like CoW. i would love to see fps zombie games.

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    once there is something like left for dead, i would have enough

3. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
  4. uSICu

uSICu Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    Construction
    Oklahoma
    Personally, I love zombies. The literature and movies have always captivated me. I just really hope the iPod comes out with a full-fleshed game with them sometime. CoD is one of my favorite games, but it doesn't fulfill the need for a zombie simulator. A roleplaying game set in a zombie-style apocalypse would probably be the #1 Game on my iPod :D

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I always was scared of zombie games and stuff until I played Resident Evil 2... blowing them away was so much fun. As to your question, definetly. There are already plenty of FPS's shooting people and targets, now how about more with zombies? One isn't enough for me, the more ways to pump the undead full of bullets and watch them fall apart the better.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Surprise! Another fail thread.

7. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    Rooooaaaarrrr

8. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    There should be a 5th poll option:

"Do you think i'm an idiot?"

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's kinda what my topic was about, I like zombie literature and some of the more classic zombie movies, but once you stick them into a flash game and turn 'em into cute little "chibi zombies" with puppy dog eyes and emo haircuts... they're just not the same. If zombie games were kept true to the general zombie "ambiance" I wouldn't tire of them quite so quickly.

Most of these games are trying to be funny, and the zombies are only zombies because they think it's cool, if they were changed to something else it'd have no impact on the games at all, indicating they didn't really need to be there.

Back to RE2...

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I totally agree. What made zombies so fun was the fact that they were creepy and deadly looking, making them more reasonable and important to kill brutally. Cute things just aren't fun to kill, but things that look like they're about to destroy you are. Resident Evil really perfected the zombie: a dead and hungry reanimation of a victim's corpse, after another victim. Those were fun to kill too. Most fun to kill zombies ever though are in Deadrising. They were in such large numbers it was just easy to mow down crowds (quite literally if you get the lawn mower too...). Nazi Zombies, Left 4 Dead, Doom 3, Resident Evil, Deadrising... they all nailed it. Capcom really made the zombie an awesome gaming element.

11. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Indeed