How to remove my Ipod Touch apps.....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Notthevictim, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Notthevictim

Notthevictim Well-Known Member

#1 Notthevictim, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Without my saves being erased as well. I've asked this before on other forums but I can't seem to get a straight answer and am always left confused :confused: I was wondering if there was a way to remove my apps from my Ipod Touch 8 gig without losing all my saves. I've heard about some backup process but that seems like it could get annoying. If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated! :)

[Edit: Shoot, just realized I put this in the completely wrong section. Can I get this moved to General Ipod Touch games forum? My apologies

Edit 2: Thanks!

2. All-Eyez-On-Me

All-Eyez-On-Me Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Well, connect your iPod to iTunes and hit backup. It's simple although it takes awhile. Since I am a hardcore gamer I usually backup my games every two weeks just in case. I hope I'm answering your question, if not let me know:D

3. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Unless you are jailbroken, I don't believe you can retain your saves after deleting the apps from your idevice.

4. Notthevictim

Well with a full Ipod, it didn't take too long to backup, so I don't know why it doesn't take too long. But the thing is even though it's backed up I won't be able to remove my apps without losing my saves, right?

5. Notthevictim

Oh really, that's too bad. If Apple really wants to be a competitor in the handheld market, they should fix that.

6. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    The Quest has a new function in the latest update where, if you have iOS4 and iTunes 9.2, you can move saves onto or off your iDevice using iTunes, so they're safe even if you delete the app. Good for a 100+ hour RPG like The Quest. :p

Maybe other developers could implement a system similar to this?

7. Chief Indy

Chief Indy Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I'm pretty sure like All-Eyez-On-Me said, if you backup your ipod all saves are backed up. I once had to fully restore my ipod(synced, backed up, deleted everything and re-synced) and I was worried all my Zenonia files would be gone (lvl 99 :p) and other games, but they were all there. So as long as you back up then un sync that app you should keep the saves if you ever decide to re sync the game back on.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The only problem being you're forced to backup everything, you can't just backup single apps.

9. Notthevictim

Yeah I'll be sure to keep my iPod backed up just in case of a restore. Apple should come out with some sort of cloud based storage system for single player games so we're not forced to restart! I'm glad a lot of games do that for multiplayer like gameloft live. Thanks for the info guys :)

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    This is the program you are looking for, I've used it since it first cam out and it friggin' rules!

iBackup

11. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    so bottom line: even if we aren't JBroken, if we backup everything on our ipod on itunes, even when we delete a game and decide to put it back in a day later, our data will still be in it?

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes. Using the actual "backup" option that occurs before it syncs, not just having the games themselves on iTunes. I restored twice yesterday and my all my game progress is the same.

13. Notthevictim

Yeah but don't you have to restore the whole thing from the backup once you want a gam back?

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    you got me. :(

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    woot

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah. It sucks. On the bright side, some social platforms like OpenFeint now support server-side game saves, but obviously not all games will take advantage of that.