Games powered by Unreal haven't been working for me since....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oxynidus, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    ...4.2? Infinity Blade, Epic Citadel and now Dream:scape. They crash at start up on my iPad. I made a clean restore of my entire device as I updated to 4.3.3 just in hope it would fix this.

I hate making threads like this, but I can't take it anymore. I figured the developers would eventually fix it, because I can't be the only one with this problem. It's gotta be a software problem, but if it is, then why is it that the problem doesn't go away when I restore the device? Is there anything I could try?

Of course, I do restore from backup after restoring the device; I'm not going to have all my data erased. I should have tried it before restoring from backup, but it's too late now. The thing is, restoration would not restore any corrupted data, so why the heck does this keep happening?

Here's hoping someone has a solution.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Did you do a regular restore through iTunes, or was it a DFU restore? A DFU restore completely erases all traces of everything, and reinstalls the firmware. It's cleaner than a regular itunes restore.

Also, this site might be useful: http://askifans.com/

3. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I put my device in DFU mode before restoring from iTunes because it wouldn't restore, but I don't assume that's what you mean.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    That's what i meant. sounds like you did do a complete, clean restore then. Hmm.