Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. diddlebunk

diddlebunk New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Add-on question

This is a great game. I downloaded it for free, then paid for the $9.99 combo-package of Valkyrie&Supernova. Here's my question:

This was all done on my iPod 4G. If/when I get an iPad and want to transfer the game over, will it recognize my IAP of the expansion packs? Or will I be expected to pay for them again?

Thanks for your help.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That shouldn't be a problem. I've transferred the game across 4 different devices and I have never lost any progress or IAPs.
    You may have to go to Game Options / Add-ons / Restore Purchases, but I haven't found that necessary.

3. diddlebunk

diddlebunk New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Good to know. Thanks.

4. Sevenfold Avenger

Sevenfold Avenger New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    This is a fantastic game! Great story, everything is interchangable. You play your way! It's kinda like a space Skyrim. I had Galaxy on Fire since 2010 and I found out a few months ago that there was a free version, too! Amazing sequel, I love how the Vossk are still there. I saw them in the map and I was all Grr I hate Vossk! Anyway, great game. Amazing, amazing graphics for a relatively small memory space for how much content it has. You need this game, no doubt.

5. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    I haven't dug back too far into this thread, so forgive me if this has been discussed. I decided to load up the game today for the first time in a few months, and immediately I noticed a huge amount of lag and frame skipping that was never there before. I have an iPad 2 and the game used to run like butter. I had also installed it on an iPad 3 when that came out without issues, and since then I've updated it without playing so I'm not sure when this chugging issue was introduced.

I'm hoping its some setting meant for retina iPads that I can't find that I can turn off, and not something that prevalent because it makes the game unplayable right now, and I was considering the expansion upgrades. Thanks for any tips.

6. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I have these issues too

7. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    The issue with the lag is when Game Center tries to connect. Check your internet connection and possibly sign out then back into your GC app.

8. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Seriously???...

Wait, no, really? I have to buy all the expansions again for the HD version!? What!?

I already purchased the game twice, in SD and HD. Don't make me buy all the expansion packs again. That's really lame.

Someone tell me I'm doing something wrong here... That sucks if I have to pay for Valkyrie and Supernova again... :mad:

9. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Right, I loaded up the SD version and when I went to the hanger I was treated with an advert to clash of the clans. WHY am I getting adds when I've payed for it?????

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #1990 Drucifer, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
    Haven't played this in a while so decided to load it up last night and I'm getting constant crashes. Mostly if I'm playing and need to put the game in sleep then the game crashes as soon as I resume my game. In the odd chance that it doesn't crash after I resume from sleep then it crashes shortly after. :mad:

Very annoying especially considering this was once one of my favorite iOS games. Glad I noticed this before I purchased the HD version for my iPad Mini which should be showing up in the mail shortly.

EDIT: alright so I deleted an re-installed and started a new file. Seems to have fixed the crashing issue. Sucks I lost my file but I'm good to go again. Kind of sucks I need to repurchase the DLC along with the HD version even though I already own them for the standard edition. :( Oh well.

11. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

I was thinking about buying the HD version, but I was also wondering about the expansions.

I bought the game a whiiiile ago, and noticed that, randomly, some popups with ads come up?

12. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    My understanding is that Valkerie is free if you have both versions installed on your device. Supernova is not though.

13. xCloudStrifez

xCloudStrifez Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    If I am not wrong , that promotion is already over.

On the other hand , can someone advice me whether i should get the valkyrie+supernova bundle or valkyrie only?

I saw in the forums about how much harder it is to earn money after they updated to Supernova, though I am not sure if the rebalanced economy update comes with the Supernova addon or they are separate?

So I was wondering if I should get the valkyrie addon and get a decent ship and some extra cash before getting supernova?

Thanks in advance!:)

14. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I just reinstalled this game on my 4s. The game spontaneously quits every time I go to the load/save game screen. Can't load an old game from iCloud or, even more troubling, can't save a new game. I've reinstalled several times...no luck. Same thing with HD version. Anyone else run into this problem?

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Because Big Fish doesn't give a **** about you. Or me. Loaded the HD version (which I bought at it's highest price) back up recently, and the Kamp Club disappeared. The whole effing planet/spacestation is just gone from the interstellar map. DubleyouTeeEff?

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Don't give them money twice for the same content. Dammit, people need to stop rewarding this crap.

17. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just downloaded. The TA article I just read says the game has a way to transfer your progress from the standard version over to HD. Anyone know how to do this?
    I'd rather not lose my save games before I delete the standard version.

18. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #1998 Ruzu, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Hello Garbagemaster,

After tinkering around with both the SD and HD versions, I have discovered the transfer method. Log into your main GOF2 SD save file. Then go to options -> save. Save the game to the slot that has the icloud name in it. Exit the SD version, then go back into the HD version. Click on load game and, as long as you have the same expansions, loading from that icloud file will bring your progress from the SD version to the HD version.

I hope that helps! I wasn't able to transfer mine because I lack the proper expansions, which I plan on getting tomorrow.

Ruzu

@Greyskull

I type this with no feelings of ill towards you. 'Crap' is an opinion, just like every other post on TA and the internet that claims something is the 'best' or 'horrible'. If someone like me, who enjoys GOF 2 very much, wishes to get the graphically better version, and is willing to repay to get the same expansion packs again because I think this game is one of the 'best', that's my opinion on what I perceive the value of this game to be. If I don't perceive a DLC to be worth buying 2X or more, I won't buy it. Everything is based on a perception of value, and some people, unfortunately, expect HIGH quality content for almost rock bottom prices, whereas others, wish that some games were priced higher because they think the developers deserve it.

19. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Ruzu :) Seems to work. I appreciate the help. Looks like I'll have to purchase Valkyrie again though...kind of a bummer.

20. wha

wha Member

Nov 26, 2012
    #2000 wha, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    Can some one help a bit. I bought sedondary weapon rockets 4 t of weigh. So when im goin to battle mission i dont have secondary weapon available for shooting? Whats the deal? cheers!

solved: most ridiculous hangar system ever!