Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
    same happen to me please do NOT FIX BUG!

2. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
    ha awesome!

3. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
    how many did you kill , he probaoly got combo kills and what map is that

4. awesomeface123 11

Apr 16, 2012
    ive been in a few of your games by the way you are super strong

5. Cheeta2233

Cheeta2233 Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Umm I used the $2.99 to upgrade to one of the higher ranks. I have tried almost every thing and I can't seem to get to the pinkish rank or the highest rank
    Can any tell me how or what I have to do to become fully ranked cause I beat all the bosses and beat all the solo missions. So what do I do?

6. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #626 Asasnator, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    @Cheeta2233

To get the pinkish rank you need to just kill aliens and bosses, you rank up after you get enough exp. Each boss gives you a LOT of exp. I don't know specifics but I know that siegfried gives about 60k exp each time you kill him. I know to get to rank 11 you need to get 2.7 mil exp or so, and you need to get 5 mil exp or so to get to rank 12. So you need to be killing a lot of bosses if you want to get their fast. I think..think you need something like 1.2 mil exp to get to rank 10 which is the first pink rank.

You can easily check (or not so easily I guess...) by just starting a game on SINGLE PLAYER and then quitting. In the end results it will show you how much exp you need and how much you have. It looks like a purple bar at the top of the page of the end results.

7. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    can anybody tell me the best gear for pvping? pve? for both IAP and non please!!!!

8. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #628 Asasnator, Apr 18, 2012
    I beg to differ. People paying for the app should entitle them to access all of the game's content which it doesn't. Though recently this has been a standard trend among the more recent apps, but their are still a few good ones that do not follow by this business model. And across all platforms? I don't know what games you've been playing (probably free ones) but none of the console or computer games that I play have this additional gear that is overpowering that I have to pay for then what I can earn by just playing the game.

Also again, I do not think making the IAP gear equal to the "free" gear will render them useless. I can almost say without a shadow of a doubt that NO players go buy a new game anticipating that they will spend MORE money to buy their way to the top. I'm pretty sure more players then not end up buying the IAP gear because they don't want to spend the time to earn it (which I don't blame them, it would take a very long time), so making the IAP gear equal to the "free" gear would only help IMPROVE their profits because more players will like it cause its balanced and which will lead to more people buying the app and more chances at having people buy the IAPs.

Very true, the match making system is very...not good. Though I'm pretty sure they were rushed to implement this feature into the game which lead to it being so poorly balanced. I hope they plan on fixing this in later updates.

Also again...haha I'm a pretty good player. When I have equal footing against another player, I don't think I've ever lost (at least in this game lol). But when I face players in IAP gear..why bother trying? They are so overpowered even when I'm 3+ ranks above them.

Your right, they did earn the money. But if they want to keep earning money from those people, they need to fix these issues.

EDIT: @Pocketpanda

The best pvp gear for free users is the combo of Nova27 and Atom armor. For the IAP users, its the phoenix armor with either the best bow, sword, or the laser cannon.

The best PvE armor? That entirely depends on your playing style. I'm a good gamer, so I just go with whatever earns me the most gold the fastest and I don't use IAPs. The best (to me) for pve is the thunder armor with the M-2781, I kill bosses fast. For IAPs..haha if you have IAPs you don't need to play PvE, =p

Go to page 46 on this forum, I have two different long paragraph posts on that page explaining the best gear to earn gold and kill bosses.

9. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #629 pocketpanda, Apr 18, 2012
    @asasnator

thanks a lot man...i read nearly all your posts and they were VERY helpful to help better my game. That being said, I got one more question. I plan to spend probably around $10 on this game..you have any recommendations on what's actually worth getting? (strictly to help my pvp game, I'm just going minigun/thunder for pve as u said)

edit: i should mention I already purchased the windblade and 25% exp/gold jetpack...but it still feels like I'm lacking in team deathmatch.

10. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    #630 xPHAGEx, Apr 18, 2012
    Well, it does entitle everyone to access all of the game's content... are you forgetting you CAN earn mith through fighting bosses? The way Freyer has designed the match making pretty much forces you into spending money, limiting the lobby to specific ranks, or quit. What I'm saying is domination in PvP rests in the power of IAPs, and knowing that the mith drop is pretty weak in PvE, players will be more inclined to purchase IAPs if they want to be the "best."

Take Call of Duty MW3 and their Elite system for example, players have to pay for a membership to (foolishly) think they'll become better players.

I don't think most consumers buy a game expecting/anticipating anything but fun or a way to kill time. I doubt "balance" and "equity" is the forefront of the mind when purchasing a game, I can say that that it wasn't for me. Most consumers aren't hardcore gamers who would normally care about such things. Most don't really know what to expect in terms balance and the like until they purchase, play, and experience for themselves-- unless they do some research, which most consumers aren't going to do when all they're looking for is quick fun and a means to kill time-- in which case Freyer already earned their buck. But hey, the fact is there ARE consumers who do spend the extra money to be better, and they're more valuable to the company than players who only spend the initial cost to play.

Yeah I hear you there, I don't doubt you're a good player, you've written awesome guides that have seemed to help out a lot of players here which is awesome. The way PvP is designed, it pretty much forces you to drop out, spend money (or hack) for IAPs, or limit the lobby to like-ranked players. This is why I think they should tailor the match-making to be more balanced... I've learned when facing someone with the trinity bow in PvP, rock a fully upgraded nova and a hybrid suit and keep your distance.

If you think about it, if they want to keep earning money from the community already established, they would keep things unchanged, so it pushes players to get IAP. If the active community paid on a regular schedule, say every month, then Fryer would be more inclined to change things..

Also, if jailbreaking wasn't available we'd see far less IAP users. Which is ironic, because the goal to make money is backfiring. So maybe Freyer will fix things, I personally don't care either way, I'll still play and have fun being the Devil's advocate on the forums. :D

I wish there was a way to communicate in game or via Game Center.

Also there are major bugs on the new PVP map Garage that are being exploited and need to be fixed.

11. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    You should avoid using swords in PvP. The best pack for PvP (IMO) is the STK-06-ZZ; F.L.O.A.T isn't too bad either.

12. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #632 Asasnator, Apr 18, 2012
    Yeah, the best backpack is the STK-06-ZZ for PvP and for PvE when you want to screw around. Also...I think the new sword is pretty good, anytime I've played against anyone with it (though they had full phoenix as well) I died every time because I could never kill them in time before they would reach me. Also that trinity bow is so annoying now. All you have to do is aim at the ground beneath the enemy and when it hits the ground and explodes doing just as much damage as if it were to hit them directly. Also since it shoots 3 arrows, theirs a chance you could hit them with ALL 3...which like instantly kills any player without IAPs haha...though I don't know how far upgraded you need that to be for that to be able to work.

For PvE for earning gold I would recommend the ECO bag or the SAM bag. The ECO bag only costs gold, but the SAM bag costs 60 mithril. I bought the SAM bag awhile back and don't regret it. I earn gold so much faster compared to the ECO bag.

$10 for PvP gear? Hm...dang I don't know. I would probably stick to the Draco/Pegasus armor (unless you wanna buy the Phoenix armor) and get the Trinity bow..or what ever its called, it looks blue. =p And get up close and start shooting the ground haha. Though personally, I think the next update will be submitted with in the next 3 to 4 weeks, and then it will be another week or so till it hits the stores. If you have enough patience I would recommend waiting to see what comes out in the next update, I was told they were suppose to be releasing a new boss battle in this next Major update. Also I should probably tell you I'm not the best person to get advice on whats best for PvP in IAPs..I haven't messed with any of them cause I don't care to spend the money nor do I want to spend the mithril I already have. I plan on spending my mithril I've earned on some good PvE gear that I can't resist..if they ever come out with some.

Also I don't really play team death matches lol, I do free for all and kill all the players that don't have IAPs and avoid players that do. Also since all the IAP gear have HORRIBLE SPD they can't ever catch me. lol

13. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Alright I see...Ima just go with nova/atom set then. That damn trinity bow is way too overpowered lol. I don't wanna be THAT guy..

But I got a question on making money now. Say I'm gonna play this game for around an hour straight..would I make more money by doing an unlimited grind on training base, or just doing multiple siegfried runs (no boss, wait till 2 noobs die)?

I feel like training base could be good cuz I got like 35% gold increase so the more money I make in one run will add up even more from that. But I've never tried training base yet. (I'm guessing this is how hydrodj made 1.9 mil o_o)

14. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    audio bug

Music bug still in effect. I turned the music "off" in the settings menu before playing a match. After finishing the match and returning to the multiplayer screen, the music reset to "on" (music was playing) even though appearing "off" in the settings menu.

15. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    You'll probably get rocked with that gear in PvP by Pegasus and/or Phoenix. Trinity is a holy beast (at close range), and I pray daily. Needless to say I love being ThAT guy with the highest score and fewest deaths at the end. Can't go wrong with hybrid gear and a fully maxed Nova, though.

16. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I liked the artwork for this game... that being said the game itself is extremely monotonous extremely quickly

17. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Lol yeah I bet that bow is fun u bastard. Only reason I don't want it is cuz I'd Like a little challenge. You do you tho!

And what do you mean hybrid gear? A mix of the best gear for each category? Whats better than nova/atom for non iap? I feel like damage-wise that'd be the strongest.

18. xPHAGEx

xPHAGEx Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Hahaha! The bow is challenging when facing enemies in a distance. But I've developed some useful tactics to cope with that situation. I play around with the glove, laser cannon, and LIT07 when I get bored with the bow and to (try to) make things more fair for my enemies.

Yeah a mixture of armor parts; not positive about which combination exactly yields the best stats, though. I'd check it out for you, but I don't remember which items are IAP or not to make an accurate build/comparison.

For complete sets of non-IAP armor, atom is best for PvP and thunder is best for PvE. The only problem with the atom set is the relatively low health for PvP. But if you play smart, it might not be so problematic...
    I've also seen people rock thunder armor + blade master pack + windblade and it can be pretty deadly in PvP.

@ Asasnator: What's the max damage for the Nova fully upgraded?

19. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #639 Asasnator, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Max damage for Nova27 is 490 and fire rate is .25 BUT if you play one PvP match win or lose, the firerate will change to .16 and I don't know why, but that makes it the fastest firing gun in the game. Also max damage for the sniper rifle is 3500. Both of these weapons are affected by the Atom armor's buff for "beam weapons". So I have the Nova27's damage up at 923 (but thats with the STK back) and the Rifle has 6597 damage (with all my buffs). Even with that power you can't one shot anyone..unless they have horrible gear

Also with all the Armor and backpack % increases in power...they only total up to 75% increase in damage. The armor's suit bonus gives 30%, the STK backpack gives 30% and the head piece gives 5% and the hands give 10% totaling 75%...which doesn't make sense cause if you take 3500 x .75 you get 2625 and add that to the 3500 you get 6125...yet the stats say 6597...so I don't understand, must be a mess up in the actual %increase in power...hm..kinda odd though that if you look at the nova27 it also doesn't make any sense...how is it possible to get a 923 there at the end? haha...interesting mess up on their part. It should say 857.5 power...lol

20. pocketpanda

pocketpanda Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Alright I did a lil calculating..

Pegasus Head: 10000 hp, 5% pow
    Phoenix Chest: 18000 hp, 5% pow
    Thunder Hands: 4000 hp, 20% pow
    Pegasus Legs: 9000 hp, 5% pow

Total: 41,000 hp and 35% pow

vs.

Atom set + Nova: 27,000 hp, 15% pow, and 1 spd. (30% to beam wep.)

With the 30% dmg on the Nova at max lvl..not sure how much that is, but it'd only be 10% more than the hybrid i put above. Plus with that u can use any gun instead of being restricted to beam weapons (and it looks way more boss). Think I might go with the hybrid idea.

Oh and yeah STK-06-ZZ backpack ofc.