Win an Oculus VR Devkit!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Operatio Apps, Nov 30, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Oh, okay :)

2. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I've always wanted to try one, they sound very interesting. But I agree, giving it to Gamer1st would be a sweet idea. I hope you guys go through with it.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Here's my review:

Have you ever wanted to play Kerbal Space Program with some maths? Well you can now! This is a fun "serious game" in which you are trying to launch a rocket. Every time you need to make a number of mathematical and every time you do it right, the rocket takes off. One thing that I really like is how the difficulty actually changes "the gameplay". Every level of difficulty adds another layer to the space context. The easiest difficulty only covers the launch while the hardest difficulty will see you landing on the moon. The graphics are really good for that type of app, the rocket especially is a well made 3D Model and even the animations are really solid. I agree that the camera is not that easy to move and you should be able to pan around the rocket using fingers not just tilt. The menus and UI could use a little work as well but maybe that's only me.

I also agree with Anubis!

4. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Wow.

I just read the rest of the posts in this thread.
    You guys/gals made me tear up. (I managed to not cry but just barely)
    No matter what Operatio Apps decides to do with the Rift I just wanted to let you know I deeply appreciate the thought.
    You've made my month at the very least.
    Thanks

Steve

5. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    #25 scrotally, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Great to hear! So far you've earned it with that super in depth review. I was worried my suggestion might come off as pity. I think the Oculus has the potential to be an amazing tool and escape for people with physical disabilities. That goes for everyone really. I am especially excited though to see what it can do for someone like you or my mother who is unable to enjoy many of the things in life that most of us take for granted. There are so many possibilities with this thing!

6. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    #26 lll Anubis lll, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    I love some of the Touch Arcade community... People can be so nice and caring for each other, even though they have never met in person. When I have a rough day, someone on here always manages to make me smile.

Steve, Like the others, I hope you win VR. Everyone else, I wish you luck with the iTunes card.

Thanks to the developer for giving way these items, I hope your app succeeds. Sorry I cannot support you right now, due to holiday shopping, but I'll try to pick up an iTunes card and this app eventually.

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Is this contest still open? If so I would happy to enter the contest. This looks like an excellent educational game. The iPad version is only $1.99 and the iPhone version is only $.99. Come on TA contest winner this is your chance to give something back to the community!

8. MolecularCloud

Sep 23, 2013
    Bump up^

Is it still on? I'm quite interested in Occulus and it's technology since I saw the games on youtube. Must be quite an experience to use it.

Would be nice to develop games for Occulus, especially while it still hasn't been released to retail.

9. scrotally

Apr 21, 2013
    Why do the dates sometimes get messed up in these forums? I know the last post wasn't almost 2 weeks ago.

10. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Yes, is this still on? If so, is it okay to buy and review the iphone one? Or does it HAVE to be the ipad one? If it's still on, please let me know as I'd love to be able to participate in hops of winning the gift card. Thank you <3

11. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I believe it's still on since they haven't announced an end yet. On the bottom of the first page they have links for the phone and pad versions so you can use that version.

12. Yes we are still on :) Reviewing the iPhone version is valid too. Thank you all for the support!

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Excellent. I just bought the iPad version. I've write up a review once I've had a chance to test it out. If I win I want the Oculus VR to go to Gamer1st.

Hopefully some of the other former contest winners can show a little Christmas cheer and cough up a buck or two for a good cause.

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Reviewed as Hogan_Klink in the US app store. Thanks for the contest.

15. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #35 Aseret, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Great, thanks :D

16. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Another Rift related article on Ign, (bizarre though it is) made me wonder what happened with this.

17. scrotally

Apr 21, 2013
    Just Going through my subscribed threads. Whatever happened here? There was never any announcement of a winner.

18. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Nothing happened.

No awards or anything else.

Sadly. :(

19. lll Anubis lll

Jun 27, 2013
    Kind of messed up....

I know what company I'm going to avoid... I was really hoping Gamerfirst would get it.

20. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'M SORRY gMAER...I HOPE THAT MAYBE THEY ARE JUST ON A HIATUS OR SOMETHING...

WISH YOU LUCK AND EVEN IF YOU DON'T WIN ANYTHING AT LEAST LET THEM COME FORWARD AND SAY WHAT HAPPENED. EITHER WAY I READ THE WHOLE THREAD AND AGREE THAT YOU SIR SHOULD WIN IT IF THERE IS ONE TO WIN.

:)