Dungeon Marauders

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Stevenpaulr, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    #21 Alrikster, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    I really do not get why some people see this as moneygrab.

Im pretty sure i've collected almost all the monsters in 2 days and didn't have to pay a dime.
    I think its a pricing model you only would need to use, if you wanted to play excessively or support the creator.

As far as i understand, i get a crystal everytime somebody dies in my dungeon... So far that has been over 12 people, which is more than enough to collect more monsters/traps and get an occasional heal.
    If doing dungeons only, you can usually get through 2-4 dungeons before having to heal.

If somebody would explain to me what about this game infuriates you so much i would be very interested to know.

Only thing i would like to see is some more monsters haha. Lvl 30 wilds seems to have almost the same monsters as lvl 10

2. Stevenpaulr

Stevenpaulr Active Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Game Designer
    Wyoming
    Yeah, the monsters are all in rotation after 10 rooms in the wilds. I'll add more after the game starts being profitable.

3. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    I think you could think about adding dungeon expansion packs.
    E.g. For 10-20 crystals you can add additional monsters to your wilds runs.

That would certainly add to the long term motivation and help you get some more money through inapp purchases.

So far i think you made it too easy to gain crystals.
    I cant spend as many crystals as i am getting.

Either put up a price for the game like 1,79 euros, or give more motivation to purchase crystals. So far i think it is too easy to acquire all the monsters and therefor there is a lack of motivation to spend money on iap.

Or maybe make the price for capuring monsters relative to their strength.
    Basic monsters 1 gem, better monsters 2 gems,, boss onsters 4 gems.

4. Stevenpaulr

Jan 26, 2014
    Game Designer
    Wyoming
  5. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I do not like the potion and the ferry life systems. To me they make the game not fun.

6. Stevenpaulr

Jan 26, 2014
    Game Designer
    Wyoming
    Look at my comments about that on the other thread.

7. Mrmt

Mrmt New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Ok, I apologise for my earlier attack, which was probably unwarranted - but born of a general distaste for IAPs.

The game is perfectly playable without them, as long as you play in bite sized chunks, and are happy to wait.

After a while, it becomes easier to get through dungeons, and I would like to see more of progression of difficulty as you level up...

That said, I still look at an IAP of GBP 35 for 500 gems and it makes me sad... Someone - chances are a kid - will pay that, probably with money earned by someone else. And for all the charm this game has, it is not worth $50.

Again, this is a nicely done game. I would happily have paid $1 for it, more for 'expansions'. But the whole gems thing to speed up artificial time limitations? Blergh.

8. Stevenpaulr

Jan 26, 2014
    Game Designer
    Wyoming
    Well, the gems are probably going away. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm leaning towards a flat price to just ditch the timers altogether. The reality is, the people who play quite a bit have a lot of gems, it's the newer players who don't have them. Which is not the group I want to be trying to get money from.