Universal rymdkapsel - (by webbfarbror AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I said that it's totally playable. Do I need to have multiple arguments so that I can convince you?

Ok...
    1. The fingers were never blocking the screen In the way that it would make the gameplay less... Intense
    2. I could read all the text just fine, even on a non-retina (3Gs) display.
    3. I could control all the minions exactly how I wanted to. There were no problems in tapping exactly where I wanted.

The word "totally" means exactly what I wanted to express and it's not just a word I put in there for fun.

2. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It's fine on an iPhone. I've played it more on iPhone than on iPad.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Different people are different.
    Personally I find this is a game that I want to replay, even though there is nothing more I can "accomplish" within it (there is a high score table, but I don't think I will get any better). Other games I delete as soon as I have finished them and gained all the achievements. YMMV.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#84 Bronxsta, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Finally got this. Excellent game. Challenging, awesome minimalist style, a lot of depth in how you build your base (just got destroyed because one guy was carrying materials and wasn't able to make to the weapons module in time)

In case you didn't know, the game is coming to PC in January, with "two additional game modes with new monoliths and more missions". Would be cool if we get that content as well

Edit: yes, we'll be getting that content too. I asked the developer on Twitter

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Have played for about two+ hours now, absolutely loving it. You really have to plan out your base well, be wary of the wave timer and defense coverage

Game is quite challenging, still haven't been able to fully research the first monolith yet but I'm getting better at building more efficient bases. That's the kind of subtle progress I like. My best game was 53 minutes, but my guys were too spread out and then we got destroyed

6. kopesetic

kopesetic New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Engineer
    DC Metro Area
    This game was on sale at the beginning of the month; coinciding with its one year release anniversary, I presume. I picked it up and really enjoyed it.

I agree with a lot of what people have already said, I would like to see more. Not to justify the price, but because it has so much (seemingly) un-tapped potential.

Playing the game on ipad is easier than the iphone; but the iphone is playable. Every now and then I get the notification dropdown instead of the game but that is tolerable.

I was able to complete all three achievements in 4 game sessions. My best time to all monoliths is 41:02. I can survive 35 waves, but then it all falls apart.

The PC version has been updated with more features. I would like to see those features on the IOS version. I spend most of my game time either on iphone or ipad.

7. Yeah this game need more contents.

8. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    It's getting it June 4th.. Just read up on it in pocketgamer.. It adds two new game modes, four extra monoliths, and seven more missions to complete.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm a total newbie and am lost. I was able to add the corridor but can't move my minions. Please advise!

10. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    You can't move them yourself. You assign them to tasks and they will go do it on their own.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Update is out!

12. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    One of my favorite games. Updating now !

13. spblat

spblat Active Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #93 spblat, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Those looking for better pathfinding will be disappointed. I'm actually just as glad that he didn't change that algorithm, because it would've made for a different game. Can't wait to mess with the new modes. Also, there are a few new sound effects. You'll see me on the weekly leaderboard as "spblat" pretty near the top.

Edit: wow, fast minions! #

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #94 y2kmp3, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Despite not being a fan of real-strategy games, I came to truly appreciate this game. It is a great introduction to the said genre and is an ideal game for anyone who might be interested in RTS but found the genre too intimidating (as I did) to learn to master.

Some of the missions are also very clever, such as the mission to extract more then 140 materials in a single round and the mission to last more than 10 waves without building quarters. This is because they require very specific and clever ways to build your station and to leverage the given bonuses by researching the monoliths.

For me, the relatively short campaign is NOT a drawback but a strength of this game. I find RTS games to be too taxing because the play sessions are often too long and too repetitive. This game distills down to only the core elements that make RTS games great and fun to play. The lack of micro-managing is a recognized but necessary trade-off and does not bother me as much, as implementing such feature will destroy the minimalistic approach intended by the game. My only disappointment is the suboptimal AI (badly behaving minions), though I noted that some of the minions' bad behaviors (such as stealing food from quarters to build a room instead of making more minions) are actually intended by the developer.

Absolutely recommended, even for a non-RTS fan like me!